Kat Dennings Quotes

1. I've basically made a career out of my imagination. I feel very lucky.


2. I wasn't a rebel.

3. I've never taken any acting classes. I took an acting class when I first started acting when I was 10. The guy who owned the school told me I would never be an actress and I should stop immediately. I deduced that he didn't know what he was talking about and left.


4. I don't really think about doing something kind, I think there's just a way to conduct your daily life with compassion to other people.



5. When I was younger there was a lot of discouraging talk: lose weight. Color your hair. Straighten your teeth. Get a tan. But I'm a firm believer in everyone being born with what they need to be attractive. In all sorts of ways. And I don't really feel like I want to change that much by myself.


6. I wrote a script with my brother which ended up, somehow, on the Black List in 2008.

7. I always hold doors open, I always try to be nice.

8. I basically grew up in the woods. There were deer on my lawn. It was totally awesome. That's why I'm so socially weird.


9. I would love to do a period movie. I've always wanted to wear the corset, you know. It's a girl thing!




10. It is an important part of your anatomy. Don't break it as you get older because if you do it's kind of curtains. I just broke a wire coat-hanger at my house. As it happened I was thinking: "I'm talented at breaking stuff." I dropped my first iPod thousands of times and it only really conked out last year.


11. People make the mistake of drinking the Kool-Aid, believing your own hype, letting people tell you you're this or you're that or you're too this.




12. I'm a very safe saver. I save everything. I save all my money and my parents raised me like that.


13. A moose with a hat on wearing a polka dot bikini sitting atop a barn of dreams.




14. I can say that I had a particularly painful teenage-hood.

15. I've had people tell me to get Mystic Tan, blonde highlights, choppy haircuts, but I've made a conscious decision not to cave.


16. I'm really comfortable with myself.




17. I have friends who are so sarcastic but I never view it as mean.

18. I'm from Pennsylvania, so I was in New York a lot and my brother lives in New York.


19. I don't die in anything!



20. Ugh, you can't even talk in those places. Plus, I don't drink and I don't smoke and I don't like being around people who do. Oh no, I sound really boring!


21. I'm really nearsighted, which has served me well.



22. Quirky is what a guy would call a girl he doesn't understand.


23. I'm still wearing Target and hand-me-downs.



24. I can't imagine wanting to be famous just for the sake of being famous. I think fame should come along with success, talent.


25. I've been really lucky.

26. I was born knowing I was going to be an actress. When I'm not feeling that great, I can morph into somebody else and experience their emotions instead, which actually helps me deal a lot better with my own.


27. I am very outspoken, obviously, and I should say that I can't judge anyone for doing anything.



28. I've never dyed my hair, never fixed my teeth or gotten a tan.




29. I don't know, I like the word sassy.


30. I've never been in jeopardy, but being an actor is a pretty shady place to be because you never know where your next job is.




31. I was a Girl Scout!



32. There's nothing else I would rather do, unless there was a profession that involved cuddling bunny rabbits and kittens all day for money.


33. Probably Phil Connors from Groundhog Day. Bill Murray's one of my favorite actors. I think I've watched that movie over 300 times and could watch it another 300 times...today.





34. If I had a robot friend, he or she would be electric.

35. Clearly, I spend all my time drinking highballs on lawn chairs. It looks glamorous, but that shoot was mostly spent laughing, shivering or screaming. Any glamorous moment you might mistake me for having is always pretend.


36. I have nothing to hide!


37. If you don't like me, it's your problem.

38. (on moving to LA) I hated it. I was too different. I didn't dye my hair, I didn't have perfect teeth, and I was too pale. I've learned to live here all the same.

39. I think it's an important movie for teenagers to see. There was a time when I thought I was crazy but really I was just a teenager. It's important to realize you're not the only person going through it.


40. I don't think I've had a holiday in my entire life that wasn't about my dad's work.


41. I haven't actually studied acting at all.


42. No matter what I do, they're there. I looked in the mirror and I was like: "Oh God." But what am I going to do? They're always there.


43. It was a wonderful experience, and Michael Cera…Well, he is just the cutest thing you've ever seen! Look at his little face - it's like a chocolate chip cookie. That boy is so lovable.

44. My mom took me to a Dolly Parton concert when I was 3.


45. I've played every instrument you could possibly think of for 10 minutes. So I'm mediocre at everything. I can play drums, guitar, piano, violin, saxophone, clarinet, flute…Just not well.

46. I think about Heath Ledger a lot and I miss him even though I never met him.


47. My first audition was for a commercial for the lottery. I didn't get it, so I hate the lottery.

48. I really am pretty boring. There's no reason to take pictures of me.


49. Oh I'm a huge comic book movie fan.


50. I'm a reclusive weirdo.

51. Eat healthy for 2 weeks and then eat fish and chips...I promise you'll feel like you're gonna die, y'all! Junk food is poison.

52. People are ruthless, man.

53. Accidentally dance-punched myself in the face during "Livin' on a Prayer."


54. I think you can tell when someone is being dishonest as an actor.




55. The more unsettling the more I feel at home.

56. I'll never feel comfortable in L.A., really. I knew these nice girls that lived in the Valley. I had no idea they were on meth. They don't realize this is the worst possible thing you can do to yourself.


57. If it were to happen, I don't think anything would really change about me. (looks and nods at the pyjamas she's wearing) I'd just, finally, put on some normal clothes and go outside.




58. There aren't as many girl superheroes, but there are cool ones. Banshee, for instance.

59. I tried being anorexic for four hours, and then I was like, I need some bagels.


60. There's stuff I don't like to rehearse, really emotional things, I don't like to rehearse. You just beat it to death.


61. Although anything can happen when under the influence of ice water.

62. I can watch a movie and go: "Oh, my god, that person is acting." If you just listen to what the other person is saying, your response will always be genuine.

63. I want to see as many movies as I can and I covet a lot of weird influential movies.


64. Any glamorous moment you might mistake me for having is always pretend.


65. I was a home-schooled kid, living in the forest, and I didn't even have cable. I'm serious.

66. I don't take crap from anyone, so that makes people think I'm rebellious. I'm not. I'm just not a pushover.


67. I buy food and gasoline - that's it.




68. I was a very unique child.




69. I don't desire fame at all. I'm not famous, but if fame came I would accept it as a part of my job.


What do you think of Kat Dennings' quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts