Lady Gaga: "I Hope I Would Become So Good That I Would Piss Off Madonna"

In a new interview with "Attitude", Lady Gaga discussed the supposed battle between her and Madonna.

Referring to the Queen of Pop's decision to sing a mashup of "Born This Way" with her own "Express Yourself," Gaga told the mag: "I have to be really honest, I was completely kind of floored that Madonna was singing my song on her stage every night!"

"The fact that I was on her mind at all. I mean, Madonna's…she's Madonna," Gaga was quoted as saying, explaining: "I looked up to her for a long time. I'm not quite sure what her intention was - to do that in the show, but I don't really care."


Gaga continued: "I think playing into the gossip of the tabloids and, I guess the fodder of the competition, that's just not what I'm about. She chooses to use her voice the way she chooses to use hers and I choose to use mine the way I use mine."






"All it meant to me was that Madonna Ciccone was singing my song on her stage and I'm 27!" Gaga noted, adding: "And as a punk-rocker from New York, I've basically been hoping that I would become so good that one day I would piss off Madonna!"


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts