Cameron Russell Quotes

1. Saying that you want to be a model when you grow up is akin to saying that you want to win the Powerball when you grow up. It's out of your control and it's awesome - and it's not a career path.


2. I usually decide what to wear in the morning, but sometimes, I'll have a favorite coat or sweater or shoes, and I'll wear them everyday for a week!


3. I am not a uniquely accomplished 25-year-old. I've modeled for 10 years and I took six years to finish my undergraduate degree part-time, graduating this past June with honors from Columbia University. If I ever had needed to put together a CV it would be quite short. Like many young people I'd highlight my desire to work hard. But hard work is not why I have been successful as a model. I'm not saying I'm lazy. But the most important part of my job is to show up with a 23-inch waist, looking young, feminine and white. This shouldn't really shock anyone. Models are chosen solely based on looks. But what was shocking to me is that when I spoke, the way I look catapulted what I had to say on to the front page.

4. (Models) have the thinnest thighs and the shiniest hair and the coolest clothes, and they're the most physically insecure women probably on the planet.


5. My style is definitely not ladylike - frills and bows kinda scare me - but I like the military look because I love that olive green khaki color.


6. Like many young people I believe I have potential to make a positive impact in the world.

7. Having a couple really great basics makes it easy to dress well every day.



8. I think it's cooler when girls have favorite pieces of clothing rather than an entirely new wardrobe every few months.


9. I am the recipient of a legacy. For the past few centuries, we have defined beauty not just as health and youth and symmetry that we're biologically programmed to admire, but also as tall, slender figures and femininity and white skin.


What do you think of Cameron Russell's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts