Jordana Brewster Quotes

1. I once owned a really, really ugly pair of white leather boots. They were so bad. It was back in the '80s! It was just a really tacky fashion choice when I was in middle school, and I thought it was cool. I'm really embarrassed.

2. I love working out, but I need my brain to be someplace else as my body does the work.


3. People spend so much time in their cars, and it's a legal way to have fun by speeding a little bit or testing yourself a little bit, and you get to invest in your car. For some people, it becomes their baby.

4. I like having a routine, because everything else…is so unpredictable.


5. The ocean is 20 minutes away. Nature surrounds me 24/7. I wake up to the sounds of birds chirping. I also love that I can go out to dinner in jeans and flip-flops.

6. I meditate, which I really like. Just 20 minutes twice a day and that really helps.

7. There was one day when I just didn't feel like I could do weight training after my cardio, so I didn't. You do have to know when to stop, or you can hurt yourself.


8. Women always want to be what they're not: If you're the pretty girl, you want to be the quirky girl. If you're the smart girl, you want to be the pretty girl.




9. What I love about New York is that everyone is in their own world. It's the opposite of L.A. - there, everyone is looking outside of themselves to see who's next to them. What's great about New York is that you get to be anonymous.


10. I moved to New York when I was 10, from Rio de Janeiro. So there was no need for driving: I took the subway, cabs and the bus.





11. When I was really young, my sister and I would create different characters with our Barbie dolls - I'd be the crazy diva Barbie and she'd be the homeless Barbie.


12. I miss the anonymity that comes with New York because everyone around you is so immersed in their own journey.



13. You need the audience to become invested in the characters and in order to become invested, they need to identify with the characters...and that's why the characters need to be real.


14. I think escapism is really important.




15. You're at home, your parents are watching what you're doing, your friends are probably a little narrow-minded, or it's cliquey and kids are really mean to each other. So, as soon as you have that independence, you can just explore who you are.

16. At school, I basically wear one pair of jeans and sneakers for months on end.


17. I went to an all-girls school and then I started working when I was fifteen, so I'm not very socially apt when it comes to dating.

18. I think that unless you grew up in New York or Chicago or Los Angeles, you're sheltered.


19. I already have a production company called J Squared and we're working on two projects.




20. I will not go on a blind date.

21. I finished a project last summer called Nearing Grace, which is probably going to be at the Los Angeles Film Festival and TriBeCa.


22. I'd love to be a Bond girl. I mean, if you're going to be stereotyped, there are worse things to be stereotyped as.




23. (on her engagement) It wasn't a total surprise, but it was very spontaneous. It's going to be a pretty small destination wedding - next November.


24. Even now that I'm married and 28, my room's still intact the way it was when I went to high school.



25. My dream car would be a Maserati. That would be amazing.

26. I feel like directing is an innate talent.


27. When I signed for "As the World Turns" (1956) (a three-year stint beginning when she was 15), I had to promise my mom that it wouldn't hurt my grades and my dad that I would go to college. Acting kept me out of trouble. I had to go to CBS at 7 a.m., so I didn't have any time to fool around.

28. Oscar night is a ridiculous night where you go to these parties and you see everyone that you've ever wanted to work with and admire.

29. I think the play on words for "Punky" Brewster has definitely played itself out.

30. Parking is a nightmare for me...I still have sensors on my car that help me park.


31. I like action more than anything touchy-feely.


32. Well, I was lucky in that my being an actress totally overshadowed my having some kind of a…legacy at Yale, so that was kind of great.



33. I just can't imagine dating a 20-year-old boy.

34. I work out with a trainer five days a week.


35. When I do my own makeup, I keep things pretty simple.

36. I had to take driving lessons in New York, which were really weird because it's not the safest thing in the world.

37. Also, when you think about a show that you used to watch as a kid or as a teenager, you look at it through sort of rose colored glasses when you remember it.


What do you think of Jordana Brewster's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts