Emilia Clarke Quotes

1. Because of my hair I rarely, rarely get recognized, but I was in America, in L.A., a couple of weeks ago and I was in a lift in a department store and the doors opened and this woman stood there, looked at me and just went: "Khaleesi!" and then the doors closed! So that was mental and bizarre and rarely happens but when it does it's normally on that kind of crazy scale.

2. I spent most of my life watching HBO series wishing that at some point in my career I might be able to work with them.


3. One of the many things I love about Daenerys (from "Game of Thrones") is she's given me an opportunity to fly the flag for young girls and women, to be more than just somebody's wife and somebody's girlfriend.

4. My mother taught me how to apply my own makeup at 13 years old, and the most important lesson I learned is to never touch my eyebrows and to cleanse, tone and moisturize twice a day.


5. (on her "Game of Thrones" character) I felt for Daenerys. I felt for her situation as a woman. Being in such a male-dominated society, where she was being abused by the men around her - it was that sort of sympathy, I suppose it started off as that. But then as you track her story, the problems that she overcomes and the way that she deals with them with such grace and the way that she deals with them when she has no training. The only thing that she has is herself and her iron will - that's just a fabulous, incredible side to her character, really. And the fact that you watch her fall in love. You know, she meets the man that she loves more than anything else. She goes through painful events but she is still this strong, independent woman. And I think that, as a female, is what I really connected with.


6. All of the press and stuff - that's the scary stuff. The acting is what I got trained to do.


7. You can't come out of drama school and think: "It's all going to be amazing." You have to expect to work in a bar for at least five years and be a waitress for maybe two!

8. Music is something that's always been a huge part of my life.


9. Being a single girl in New York…it's what you should be doing in your twenties!

10. I'd give my right arm to be, like, a random extra on "Girls," just to walk past one of the scenarios. I'd love that more than anything.


11. (on her role as "Daenerys" in the "Game of Thrones" series) Sometimes I feel like the kid left out - the weirdo with the silver hair that no one likes to talk to.



12. Drama school is fundamentally practical. I didn't write any essays, so I came out with a BA honors degree in acting.


13. My rule is never to look at anything on the Internet.



14. I came out of my mum's stomach going: "I want to be an actor!"

15. The '90s were really just bad for fashion and hair.


16. I looked around one stage school when I was maybe nine. It just scared the bejesus out of me. I was incredibly open, and the girls seemed fierce and determined.


17. I grew up around horses, but acting and riding on camera is a whole different thing.


18. Not to sound too much like an obnoxious actor, but the character never really leaves me. I've read all the "Game of Thrones" books many times over, so I sometimes find it easier being on set, because it can be hard to get out of character.

19. I long for the countryside. That's where I get my calm and tranquillity - from being able to come and find a spot of green.

20. I told my parents I wanted to be an actor and they were getting ready for a life of unemployment so they're just happy I'm in work!


21. My life is unrecognizable compared to what it was - "Game of Thrones" has opened doors that were never there before. But it can be dangerous to see it in those terms, I think. It's best to take it as it comes and work as hard as you can, and hopefully the other things fall into place.


What do you think of Emilia Clarke's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts