Lorde: "Why I Want People To Stop Hearing My Music On The Radio All The Time"

Lorde fronts V Magazine's March 2014 Music issue.


After a successful year that led to two huge Grammy wins, Lorde, whose real name is EllaYelich-O'Connor,  admitted: "I want to let people stop hearing Lorde on the radio all the time, because it's kind of crazy at the moment."

"I'd like to give people a little bit of breathing room before I unleash something different," the New Zealand high-school student turned into pop hero explained.


Lorde, 17, further told the mag she hesitates to be called the "voice of a generation."

"I'm sure so many people will read that and be like: "F*ck off!" Lorde was quoted as saying.

Lorde, who has shocked many with her maturity, revealed: "I've always hung out with people older than me, with my parents' friends, because I appreciated the conversation."


"And even now, although I have heaps of friends in high school, I also hang out with a lot of older people," Lorde claimed, noting: "And sometimes with them I'm like: "God, this is boring!""



"But it means that I get to have these stimulating encounters with people that I idolize, which is cool," Lorde added.


Lorde's full interview hits newsstands on February 27.




Photo credit: Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin

Style: Carlyne Cerf De Dudzeele


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts