Michelle Fairley Quotes

1. Personally I don't go anywhere near the Internet! I don't do any of the sites or things like that. I don't read reviews if I do plays. I think for me I like to talk to people if they stop me in the street, absolutely I will stand and talk to them because most of them are absolutely gorgeous and lovely and they are passionate about the books and the series and they know what they're talking about and I appreciate that, that's what I'm working for. We were lucky enough to see Episode's 1 and 2 (Season 2) and it's just incredible. It's actually gone up a level. It's incredible, it's amazing.


2. I constantly get people who are like: "Hello, how are you?" And you can see it dawn on them that they don't actually know me. But it's incredibly humbling because, without people who watch it, we would not have a job. So huge thanks to them for continuing to follow it and stay with it.



3. As an actor, all you want to do is to work and do good work.


4. "Harry Potter" is finished now I think that will always have a place in history you know, because of the books, J.K Rowling, the young actors who were in it and because it was British as well so it's never not going to known and I think "Game of Thrones" is a virtual baby in comparison to "Harry Potter" so hopefully, given years to come it will be on the same level. It's incredible for a television show, it's epic, and it's almost like it is film. The quality is incredible I think. It's very hard to beat the standards of this production I think, very hard.

5. (on Sean Bean) I loved working with Sean; he's very professional, very honest, very direct, and very hard working…like Ned! He has a lot of the same qualities. He's very quiet and assured actually, a very solid figure on set. The thing about it is, we were talking about this the other day, that I actually didn't have a lot of days with Sean but it looks like I had a lot more because of the nature of their relationship. We didn't really have that many days filming together but it feels like they have more time when you see it on screen which is lovely actually because the relationship obviously works.


6. As an actor you accept that you have to publicize what you do, but as for the whole personal life thing that people sometimes choose, no, that's not for me.


7. In my mind, I see a completely different looking woman than myself as Catelyn Stark. I don't see my face as Catelyn's. I imagine somebody else. I'm always surprised when people recognize me. There was one guy who was crossing the road and he tripped…His head did this theatrical turn. I was like: "Oh my God. Am I that bad?"

8. When you get a job like this you realize the standard of people you're working with, the production, the company, you know, the writing for a start. Then there's the calibre of the actors and the people you're working with and you realize that you have all the elements there in place to have something which could be extremely popular and because George Martin has such an enormous fan base for the books there is a pressure on that you know, to represent that world successfully and so you want it to be a success but you have no idea if it is going to be. You just know that what you see as an actor, the quality, and the craftsmanship that people are delivering is wonderful so you just hope that the audience is going to love it as much as we have loved doing it.

9. Everybody was given horse-riding lesson before if your character rode, but my sisters and I grew up with a pony basically so we did Pony Club Camp and stuff like that but I hadn't ridden for…gosh, about ten or fifteen years? But it was just like a duck to water, I love it. Camilla who runs the horses and her team and her horses are just amazing. It's lovely having animals on set, they're so elegant, so beautiful and they've all been there, some of these horses are acting veterans, they've been in so many movies you know, they've got more credits than some of the actors!


What do you think of Michelle Fairley's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts