Josh Brolin: "I Tried Heroin"

Josh Brolin, who in 2013 was busted for public intoxication, had a drunken brawl with a bouncer, checked into rehab and got divorced from Diane Lane, claimed last year was a "turning point."


In a new interview with The Guardian, Brolin, 46, stated all those occurrences "made me think of a lot of things."


Brolin was quoted as saying: "My mom dying when I was in my 20s. All the impact that had on me that I hadn't moved past; I was always such a momma's boy."

"But I realized that I was on a destructive path. I knew that I had to change and mature. It was like I stepped back and saw the hamster wheel," Brolin explained.


Brolin revealed growing up in California in the 1980s, he started using substances as a teenager.


"I tried heroin," Brolin revealed, noting: "That sounds so horrible when you put it like that. But, yeah, I tried heroin. I mean, I never got into it and I never died from it, which is a good thing. I've had 19 friends who died. Most of those guys I grew up with, they're all dead now."

Luckily, Brolin realized heroin was not for him.


"I used to think you should try to deconstruct everything. Experience everything. Just get yourself out there. But I don't believe that any more," Brolin went on, adding: "Having adventures is all very well, but an imagination can make up for all that. That's the more intelligent way to be. And it keeps you out of harm's way."




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts