Kristian Nairn Comes Out As Gay

"Game of Thrones" star Kristian Nairn reveals he is gay and he's never hidden that fact.

Nairn, who portrays gentle giant Hodor on the series, talked about his sexuality on Tuesday in an interview with the website WinterIsComing.net. When asked about his role's popularity among gay fans, he responded: "Well, in all honesty, when you talk about "the gay community," you are talking about MY community, haha."

Nairn, 38, stated he's always been open about who he is, even if GoT viewers never realized it.


"I've never hidden my sexuality from anyone, my whole life in fact, and I've been waiting for someone to ask about it in an interview, (because) it's not something you just blurt out," he went on, noting: "I've tried to lead questions a few times, to no avail!"

Nairn also pointed out that his costars have been nothing but supportive.


"It's a very small part of who I am on the whole, but nonetheless, in this day and age, it's important to stand up and be counted. I have and always will stand my ground," he explained, adding: "So, yeah, people have been great, on the show, but I don't see why it would be an issue."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts