Shailene Woodley Blasts Twilight: "What Message Are We Sending To Young People?"

Shailene Woodley attacks "Twilight", speaks out about hookups and reveals what she learned from George Clooney in her Teen Vogue cover interview.  




Woodley, 22, starred on "The Secret Life of the American Teenager," but her film debut came with Clooney, 52, in "The Descendants".


"We take our jobs very seriously, but we also take fun very seriously, which is something George Clooney taught me," Woodley told the mag, adding: "The second the camera rolls, George is present, giving an amazing performance. But the second it cuts, he's playing basketball with the transportation guys or making sandwiches and handing them out."

"After The Descendants, everybody was like: "You've got to ride the wave!" And I was like: "You ride the wave and it eventually crashes on the shore. That doesn't work out! I'm going to just sit here and paddleboard,"" Woodley was quoted as saying.

Woodley claimed: "I didn't do a movie for two years because I didn't read anything that was inspiring to me."

"I was once told by a studio that I needed to make my look more cosmopolitan, that I needed to create a persona," Woodley explained, noting: "I looked at them and said: "You just told me I wasn't good enough to be myself. And that is not OK.""

 
Woodley admits she is not fond of "Twilight".

"Twilight, I'm sorry, is about a very unhealthy, toxic relationship," Woodley stated, adding: "She falls in love with this guy and the second he leaves her, her life is over and she's going to kill herself! What message are we sending to young people? That is not going to help this world evolve."



As for Woodley's recent run of movies that have all concerned romance, she responded: "That's crazy! I never thought about that."


"I haven't had time to think about a relationship! I literally have not had a boyfriend in almost five years. I've never even hooked up with anybody I've worked on a movie with," Woodley went on.


Even after production came to an end?

"Well, that might have happened on something," Woodley admitted.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts