Taylor Momsen: "Tabloids Will Always Spin Sh*t"

Taylor Momsen has given up acting to become a musician and it looks like she has had it with Hollywood.


"Fame is so fleeting and stupid," Momsen told The Daily Beast in a new interview.



Her television career made Momsen famous, often with unsettling results.

"Once, my tampon string was put on the Internet when I was 15 because some a**hole shot up my dress and it made big headlines," the former "Gossip Girl" star recalled.


Momsen went on: "For a year, if you Googled "Taylor Momsen" the tampon photo was the first thing that came up. When that happens, you just go, I really just don't give a f*ck, and you close the computer. People are going to say what they're going to say, and the tabloids will always spin sh*t."

Momsen finally traded "Gossip Girl" for "The Pretty Reckless", where she appears to have found her real identity.

"I started modeling at 2, and then acting at 3, and then Gossip Girl when I was 12, so I wasn't really making my own decisions," Momsen was quoted as saying, noting: "When I got to a place where I realized I was in control of my own life, and had found the right band, and everything was coming to fruition, it wasn't even a question: I was going to quit my day job."


Momsen is grateful that the producers wrote her out of the series and permitted her to follow her musical passions, "because they very easily could have told me to go f*ck myself and keep me on the show."

As her for sexy nude pose for the recent The Pretty Reckless album cover, Momsen claimed: "It was an elaborate process but the nudity came from: when you come into this world, there's nothing but your soul, and you leave with nothing but your soul. People have misinterpreted it and turned it into something else, but that's just tabloid manipulation."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts