Kate Hudson: "Relationships Are The Most Challenging Things"

Kate Hudson, who has been engaged to Matthew Bellamy for almost two years and the subject of troubled relationships, expresses her thoughts on love in the May issue of SELF.  




"Relationships are the most challenging things," Hudson, 35, admitted to the mag.

Hudson pointed out: "It's where you do the most work in your life. You come face-to-face with yourself, and if you can deal with realizing we're all flawed, accept it and work with it, you might have a really amazing, lasting relationship."



Hudson appreciates what her mother Goldie Hawn has with long-time partner Kurt Russell.

"If I look at my parents, who've been together 30-something years, I'd say no matter what they've been through, they share similar values and really like each other," Hudson was quoted as saying, noting: "It sounds easy, but it's not."




But Hudson relies on her female friendships.


"My mom once said something so poignant to me: "Honor your female friendships, because men can come and go, but when we nurture our relationships with women, they can be forever,"" Hudson claimed.


"I really believe that," Hudson explained, adding: "My girlfriends are so important to me. They've been my rock-solid foundation."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts