Donald Sterling Slams Magic Johnson To Anderson Cooper: "I'm Not A Racist"

Donald Sterling gave an exclusive interview with Anderson Cooper which aired on Monday and didn't basically help his cause.


The L.A. Clippers owner, who was caught on tape making racist comments, revealed to the CNN host he waited a long time to apologize because Magic Johnson suggested he keep silent, likely as a trick so he could ultimately buy the Clippers.


"He just said: "Wait, be patient, I'll help you, we'll work it out,"" Sterling, 80, explained, was previously recorded on tape objecting to V. Stiviano bringing the iconic basketball player to Clippers games.

Sterling then slammed Johnson.


Sterling told Cooper: "What kind of a guy goes to every city, has sex with every girl, then he catches HIV? Is that someone we want to respect and tell our kids about?"

"I think he should be ashamed of himself. I think he should go into the background. But what does he do for the black people? He doesn't do anything," Sterling noted, who appears to be unaware of the many charities with which Johnson is involved.


Sterling pointed out: "Jews when they get successful they will help their people and some of the African-Americans - maybe I'll get in trouble again - they don't want to help anybody."


The disgraced Clippers owner confessed to Cooper: "I'm not a racist, I made a terrible, terrible mistake. And I'm here with you today to apologize and to ask for forgiveness for all the people that I've hurt."


Even though Sterling attacked Stiviano for having "baited" him into making the racist remarks by making him "jealous," claiming she was bringing four good looking black football players to a game, he still described her as a "good person."

Sterling wouldn't talk about whether he had a sexual affair with Stiviano.


"I don't think a gentleman should discuss any of the personal items that go on with a woman," Sterling was quoted as saying.



Despite his repulsive comments, Sterling believes his players still like him.

"Absolutely! They know I'm not a racist," Sterling insisted, repeating: "and I'm not a racist."


Check out the videos below…


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts