Jessica Alba: "My Mom Taught Me How To Hustle"

Jessica Alba opened up about feminism, on-screen nakedness and affairs in the June issue of Glamour.  





Alba, 33, revealed that it was her mom who taught her the value of being her own boss.


"Where I was from, you had to answer to a man if he was the breadwinner," Alba was quoted as saying, noting: "My mom told me that didn't need to be the case for me - I didn't need to rely on a man. She taught me how to hustle".





"I was determined to be financially independent," Alba went on, pointing out: "So I started making my own money when I was 12 (through acting). That was freedom."


"I don't want my grandparents to see my boobs," Alba stated.

"It would be weird at Christmas," Alba explained, adding: "And, I mean, really, if you look at the movies I have done, getting naked would never "elevate" the picture."

The married mom of two also spoke out about committing to a serious relationship at a young age.

"Relationships can be tough, and I was engaged before…I've only had two boyfriends," Alba confessed.


Alba added: "In the first one, with Michael (Weatherly), I didn't have a voice yet, and he was so much older. But now (with Cash Warren) there are no more surprises. At around two and a half years, you're kind of like: "Are we in it? Are we doing this?""


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts