Ansel Elgort Quotes

1. I love Marlon Brando and James Dean. That was when it was all about the star and the script. Nowadays, everything has to be action-packed.


2. I got into movies watching old films my dad had, the old Elia Kazan movies. It was those old movies, actually, that really got me started. Marlon Brando, Paul Newman - straight-up legends.


3. (on Shailene Woodley) Shailene is a very different person to most people. She's very unique. She has, some would say, odd ways of living. Like she eats only certain types of food, she cooks a certain way. But the nice thing was that she was able to speak about life spiritually and I think at that point in my life - I was 19 - I'd never thought about any of that kind of stuff. So I was like: wow that's interesting. I'd never talked to anybody like that but I guess Shailene talks to her friends like that all the time.


4. I think it's important I stay connected to every part of my personality. I play basketball. I rock climb. I paint. I'm a little bit scattered, but it's so I can convincingly play all these characters.

5. My dad was always taking photos of us at home, and even on set - he'd bring us along and stick us in the photos in the background. It was almost the beginning of acting for me, like: "Hey, you go over there and play basketball in the background, and don't even think about the camera."


6. I write music because I love it. Sometimes more than anything in the world.


7. I'm happy to be a role model because I think I can do it over other people. I think my parents raised me well. And I'm pretty straight edge. All my friends make fun of me for being straight edge. Like we go out and I'm not really drinking. But they understand why - I'm doing really well, I'm really focused always on the prize. I want to keep creating and making important things and that's what I want Ansel Elgort to be about.

8. A lot of high school students on TV and in Broadway are played by people in their late 20s and even early 30s. That seems weird to me.



9. I don't compare myself to anyone, but yeah, in certain ways it's really nice because a lot of people like Robert Pattinson. I think I'm a lot more ready than a lot of people. I'm willing to hopefully encourage people to do good things.


10. As an actor, you want a director who makes you feel comfortable in a place that you can really create and try a lot of different things.

11. All I want to do is work.


12. There are so many things to be lucky for. Lucky to be healthy, lucky to be, like, beautiful. Lucky to be living in America. It's like: what the f… It's crazy. I feel like I have more luck than 99.999% of people in the whole world. I'm a lucky f...

13. I have a lot of weird interests, but everything I do is artistic.

14. I hated the ballet, but I liked performing. I did 20 shows, and I couldn't get the smile off my face.

15. I want to do movies, television and theater. Whatever comes along.


16. From an early age, I understood the concept that, if you're not the star, then your job is to not pull attention away from the star.

17. Picture-taking is an ensemble art - like theater.

18. My dad said to always do what I loved and not worry about the money or anything, because if I do what I love then the money will come.

19. I'm starting to get a following on Twitter. That's a really awesome power to have. It gives me the opportunity to make any kind of art I want.


20. I don't believe in spending money lavishly, now that I'm making money.

21. Most actors nowadays are models turned actors. That's why a lot of young actors are terrible. You have to learn how to act. It is not something that you can just do.


What do you think of Ansel Elgort's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts