Daniel Radcliffe On Alcohol Addiction: "Drinking Didn't Make Me As Happy As I Wanted"

Daniel Radcliffe honestly spoke out about his battles with alcohol in a new interview with the UK channel Sky Arts.


Radcliffe, who stars on the network's "A Young Doctor's Notebook," opened up about his regrets about spending years drinking until he would black out.


"I would have benefited from not drinking as it was not making me as happy as I wanted to," the "Harry Potter" star revealed.




Radcliffe, 24, used booze as a crutch to cope with ever-increasing Harry Potter stardom and admitted he was anxious about the future of his career.


"It is not a real pressure, but it is a pressure of living with the thought: "Oh, what is all these people are saying I am not going to have a career? What if they are all going to be right and will be laughing and I will be consigned to a bunch of "Where are they now?" lists?"" Radcliffe pointed out.

Radcliffe was quoted as saying: "People don't shout Harry Potter at me now, they tend to know my name, which is lovely."

Even now Radcliffe reminisces the franchise with fondness.


"I will always credit the opportunities I get to Harry Potter," Radcliffe explained, noting: "I would not be a happy person if I was bitter about those ten years of my life."



Radcliffe will be four years sober in August.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts