Kevin Kline Quotes

1. Dogs do have feelings, I gather.

2. I never went to class. That the university graduated me at all is an indictment of our educational system.

3. We're all animals, but we're a different sort of animal. Maybe they're better than us. They're more loyal. They're more pure. They're more simple. They're not neurotic. Well, there are some neurotic dogs.


4. I think every American actor wants to be a movie star. But I never wanted to do stupid movies, I wanted to do films.




5. But, I do think, on a very simplistic level, that we can project onto dogs because they are so innocent. They don't come with a lot of baggage.


6. I vowed I would never do a commercial, or a soap opera - both of which I did as soon as I left the Acting Company and was starving.



7. Most of the comedies I've done have been rather farcical and extravagant.



8. I'm a real pushover for animals.

9. Some of my favorite characters that I've played have been very pompous because I love making fun of pompous people.


10. I totally related to Cole Porter's magnetic pull to any piano that was in the room, which he was famous for doing, as was Gershwin. You couldn't drag them away from a piano.


11. I can play characters who sing, but I don't like singing in a nightclub or something. It's not my metier.


12. It never ceases to surprise me, the people I get to work with. I'm in a French film with Sandrine Bonnaire? I adore Sandrine Bonnaire. I'm doing a picture for Robert Redford? The Sundance Kid? I have to pinch myself sometimes.

13. You know, actors are fans, too. And talent is very attractive to me.


14. Lots of people fantasize about what it would be like if they were president...Most think they'd be decent and wouldn't be corrupted at all, that they'd remain true to themselves.




15. I've got the Jewish guilt and the Irish shame and it's a hell of a job distinguishing which is which.

16. I had studied piano since I was 13, but I was surrounded by students who'd been playing since they were 5. I realized I was never going to be anything but mediocre.


17. Nothing makes an actor feel freer and more inventive and more creative than being trusted.







18. I just don't think I'm a very good singer.


19. (in reference to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International Children's Congress 2001) It is these children we must admire…Their honesty and bravery are models for us all. Their stories and their role here today - advocating for their cure, their own future - must be heard.

20. I've never felt completely satisfied with what I've done. I tend to see things too critically. I'm trying to get over that.

21. (on improving his chess game for a role) I can now predict four or five moves ahead. I can see that I'm going to lose much sooner.


22. I don't like talking about myself. I don't like talking about my personal life.






23. It was all completely incomprehensible to me. I was fearful of the language. You had to look up every third word.

24. When you have satire, it has to be real. No matter how outrageous the comedy becomes, you have to believe in the characters.


What do you think of Kevin Kline's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts