Melissa McCarthy: "No One Would Make Plus-Size Oscar Dress For Me"

Melissa McCarthy began a plus-size clothing line in part because celebrity designers refused to make her a dress for Oscars.  




"When I go shopping, most of the time I'm disappointed," McCarthy, 43, confessed to Redbook in the July cover story.

"Two Oscars ago, I couldn't find anybody to do a dress for me. I asked five or six designers - very high-level ones who make lots of dresses for people - and they all said no," the "Mike and Molly" star went on.


"I asked five or six designers. Very high-level ones who make lots of dresses for people, and they all said no," Melissa revealed.






That gave the star the inspiration to start her own fashion endeavor.

As for her marriage to actor Ben Falcone, best known for portraying the air marshal in "Bridesmaids", McCarthy claimed they have stayed solid by staying grounded.




McCarthy explained to the outlet: "We have a great marriage, and outside forces can't really change that. Success doesn't define us, even though we love what we do."

"The important thing is our family and kids," McCarthy was quoted as saying, pointing out: "I see teenagers or people who are 21 and think, I was an idiot at that age. I was running around New York like a crazy woman. Thank God I only had three and a half cents to my name. I was too immature to handle success then."



Melissa's young daughter has started to follow in her footsteps.


"She asked me: "Are you famous?" And I said to her: "Famous doesn't mean anything. Just because people know my face doesn't mean they know us or that it makes us any more interesting or better,"" McCarthy added.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts