Rik Mayall Quotes

1. I don't have moments of weakness. I'm Rik Mayall.  









2. It's difficult for me, to look into eyes of a journalist and trust him to present it as you say.

3. You perform for a different audience each night. People who don't understand just think that you go out there every night and do the same thing, but you don't - you have to find out who they are and give it to them.


4. I had a very happy childhood, happy teenage years and I was famous by the time I was 22. A charmed life.

5. When you're an experienced celeb - which I am - you sometimes just need a bit of space, when you're not "on". I'm always on!


6. The reason it's called "Bigger Than Hitler" is because I made so many more sitcoms than Hitler ever made. It's just vast. Videos of me have been watched in countries that weren't invented when he was around. It's just a fact of who I am.

7. With 1,000-seater venues, rather than 5,000-seaters, there are richer opportunities for sucking the audience in.

8. I don't want people to know who I am.


9. With an audience it's now, there are no editors around. It's just me and the audience and it's what I like best.




10. Other people get moody in their forties and fifties - men get the male menopause. I missed the whole thing. I was just really happy.

11. Words on the page don't have the same impact as somebody saying the words to you.


12. I'm frightened of interviews.






13. I ought to be groovy and be able to say the enemy is this and the enemy is that...but I've never been very good at…I don't want to have to answer questions I don't know the answer to properly. I have an opinion.


14. You know the really great thing about a fudged Coalition is that neither of us need to carry out a single promise of our election manifestos!

15. I've always had live audiences.


What do you think of Rik Mayall's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts