Simone Signoret Quotes

1. (on "Ship of Fools") Parts of the film are intentionally unsubtle as life was unsubtle then - rough, tough, incredible, unbelievable, but true. I have a European attitude toward this picture, I suppose. I think it says more than most, a picture that will be seen twice.

2. I collect all the reviews of the films I turned down. And when they're bad - I have to smile.


3. There are two schools of thought: There are those actors who explain to you that they know exactly how they're going to do the part...And then there is the other method, which is to have no method at all. This is mine.





4. Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.


5. There's an odd quirk inside that didn't change with "success" (after "Dedee d'Anvers") and still hasn't. I think: It worked this time. I put it over on them. I made them believe I could do it. But one of these days they're going to discover the fakery. They're going to find out I'm only an amateur.

6. Individual courage is the only interesting thing in life.

7. She (Marilyn Monroe in 1960) seemed to have no other happy professional memories. None of those moments of uproarious giggles among pals, none of those practical jokes, none of the noisy hugs and kisses after a scene when everyone knows all have acted well together.



8. You do what you want and know is right. That is the only law.


9. In Hollywood, in 1964, Vivien Leigh gave elegant dinners in the big house she had rented from London…She was no longer Laurence Olivier's wife, but she wanted to remain Lady Olivier…At the end of these evenings the phonograph played the theme from "Gone With the Wind".


10. I got old the way that women who aren't actresses grow old.

11. (on Jack L. Warner) He bore no grudge against those he had wronged.


12. When I was young and beautiful, I never appeared on the cover of a magazine.




13. Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

14. Hordes of young girls never copied my hairdos or the way I talk or the way I dress. I have, therefore, never had to go through the stress of perpetuating an image that's often the equivalent of one particular song that forever freezes a precise moment of one's youth.


15. (on Marilyn Monroe) If Marilyn is in love with my husband it proves she has good taste, for I am in love with him too.




16. I suspect there isn't an actor alive who was able to truthfully answer his family's questions after his first day's activity in his future profession.


What do you think of Simone Signoret quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts