Yaya DaCosta Quotes

1. Both my parents are educators. My siblings and I always had to get good grades no matter what outside interests we had.


2. I had always intended on acting at Brown. But between classes and having a job, it just didn't work out.

3. My parents were very active in the Civil Rights Movement. My father was a Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) worker; my mother was a secretary with the Panthers.


4. I figured I would graduate and head to New York or L.A. and give acting a real shot. If for some reason I didn't make it, then I'd have my degree to fall back on.




5. (on Antonio Banderas) He said: "You know, every actress who's ever had her first scene with me has gone on to become very, very successful."

6. He moves with so much grace and so much control. He's so strong, but at the same time, he's so soft. It's just so comfortable to dance with him.


7. We had already planned my wedding when my brother passed away in 2012. When you're grieving, you don't necessarily want to think about something like that, but my brother told me that he wanted me to, so we went ahead and did it.




8. It was a really, really fast but organic process.

9. (on Antonio Banderas) Antonio and I only danced together in a couple of quick scenes. But it was really nice.


What do you think of Yaya DaCosta's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts