Ariana Grande Talks Being Estranged From Her Dad

Ariana Grande spoke out about her relationship with her late grandfather as well as being estranged from her father in the September issue of Seventeen.  







Grande, who was interviewed before her grandfather's death, revealed that he raised her confidence growing up because: "He was like: "You're a star, I know in my heart you're going to make this family so proud. You're a blessing." And I was like, oh my god, and started crying, and I trusted it."


As for her relationship with her dad, Grande, 21, shared that "falling out of touch with my dad" has been extremely tough.





Ariana told the outlet: "It's private, but it happened last year. It took me so long to be okay with it. The thing that got me there was embracing the fact that I am made up of half my dad, and a lot of my traits come from him."


"So much of me comes from my father, and for so long, I didn't like that about myself," Grande was quoted as saying, noting: "I had to accept that it's okay not to get along with somebody and still love them."


Grande also opened up about struggling with insecurity for a long time.


Ariana admitted: "It's tough to spend some of the most important years of your life in front of so many strangers who want to pick you apart. Insecurity has been the hardest thing I've had to overcome. I think everyone my age struggles with that because everyone strives for approval and wants to feel loved."

Grande however understands that "everybody has certain things that make them feel insecure" and "there are still things that will upset you and break your heart." 




Ariana also added: "I'm at a point in my life where love is the most important thing, and I won't let anything come before it."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts