Dee Dee Ramone Quotes

1. I am an old punk.  








2. Metallica - they're so demonic, they're crazy, I don't know how they do it.


3. Billboard called my solo album "Standing In The Spotlight" a great party album and even said that my raps put the Beastie Boys to shame. "Standing In The Spotlight" included some great experiments in rap and rock n' roll and featured cameos by Chris Stein and Debbie Harry.

4. It's very expensive to bring a band to New York.


5. We play so loud, all our other amps couldn't ake it, but we got new ones and they…they really…uuh…they…work! You know, I mean- like- we can really…push 'em…I mean, we could blow this whole place up if we wanted to, it would set up everything...Ha ha!



6. I won't argue with you, but still it's secretly turning me into a hateful person. I figure that the best revenge, though, is to leave people to their own devices, and they will make their own lives hell.


7. I like the guitar better these days. I like the bass, too, but it's hard to fit a bass amp in a small car.

8. We didn't have a positive song until we wrote "Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue!"

9. I'm really lucky I'm still around. Everybody expected me to die next…But it was always someone else instead of me.


10. Tommy (Ramone) was simply at the right place at the right time.




11. I couldn't do rap. I was trying. I don't know how. I'm not good enough to know.

12. Ricky Nelson...I couldn't believe it when he died. He was a great rock star.


13. I started listening to and playing other music in the '90s. It was after hearing other bands, like Bad Religion, cover Ramones songs that I started to like our songs again.


14. I got tired of the Ramones around the time I quit and I really got into rap. I thought it was the new punk rock. LL Cool J was my biggest idol.


15. We didn't do an American tour because I know it wouldn't go down well.

16. It was sad when Sid Vicious died…I was freaked out when Phil Lynott died from Thin Lizzy. I cried. It was too crazy.

17. Well I guess it was a miserable…uh…life. It's not easy being in a rock and roll band.

18. The main issue was deciding what to play: Should it be old Ramones material or new material? I had about three albums worth of new material, but I knew that people would rather hear the Ramones songs.


19. I haven't done rap…I can't do that too well.






20. When I got into rap I didn't exactly win any popularity contests. I called myself Dee Dee King, after B.B. King, to the total dismay of my fellow Ramones.


21. You know, I liked to go out and spend a lot of money, like an outlaw. I could go out and buy a gucci watch, you know, like "What time is it?", It's gucci time! I know what that means, it's about rising above oppression, you know I'm a negro too. I don't know what all the fuss was about, the album wasn't that great anyway. You know, I can't rap - I'm not a negro.

22. I'd like to congratulate myself, and thank myself, and give myself a big pat on the back.


23. I loved rap, especially in the early days. But I wasn't trying to shove it down anybody's throats. I didn't have the confidence to leave the band because of a solo career, or anything like that. I just wanted to grow.


24. I like California a lot more than New York these days.


What do you think of Dee Dee Ramone's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts