Ian Curtis Quotes

1. I can now see everything falling to pieces before my eyes.  





2. Nothing seems real anymore. Even the flames from the fire seem to beckon to me, drawing me into some great past life buried somewhere deep in my subconscious, if only I could find the key…if only…if only. Ever since my illness, my condition, I've been trying to find some logical way of passing my time, of justifying a means to an end.


3. (his suicide note found alongside his turntable spinning Iggy Pop's "The Idiot") At this very moment, I wish I were dead. I just can't cope anymore.





4. Existence is…well…what does it matter? I exist on the best terms I can. The past is now part of my future. The present is well out of hand.


5. I wish I were a Warhol silk screen hanging on the wall. Or little Joe or maybe Lou. I'd love to be them all. All New York's broken hearts and secrets would be mine. I'd put you on a movie reel, and that would be just fine.

6. A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say.


7. I struggle between what I know is right in my own mind, and some warped truthfulness as seen through other people's eyes who have no heart, and can't see the difference anyway.




8. When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low. When resentment rides high, but emotion won't grow...and we're changing our ways, taking different roads. Love will tear us apart.


9. I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day. All I had to do was push this wagon with cotton things in it up and down. But I didn't have to think. I could think about the weekend, imagining what I was going to spend my money on, which LP I was going to buy…You can live in your own little world.

10. There are some things you will never understand.

11. Pictures all around, of how good a life should be, a model for the rest, that bred insecurity, I walked a jagged line and then came back for more, it's always in my mind, an institution with no law.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts