Beyonce: "Blue Ivy Is My Biggest Muse"

Beyonce graces the cover of CR Fashion Book's September issue and shares her original prose "remixed" by award-winning poet and novelist Forrest Gander.  



For the the fifth edition of Carine Roitfeld's magazine, Beyonce, 32, reflects on her daughter Blue Ivy in the article called "Bey of Light."

Beyonce writes:


"It's my daughter, she's my biggest muse. There's someone, we all find out soon, more important than ourselves to lose. I feel a deep bond with young children - all those photos in my dressing room - especially those who've been stricken. Children I've met across the years - they uplift me like pieces of moon and guide me, whispering in my ear".



Beyonce ends the piece by pointing out that she is not striving for perfection, claiming:


"Utopias they don't much interest me. I always mess things up a bit. It's chaos, in part, that helps us see. But for my daughter I dream a day when no one roots for others to fail, when we all mean what we say".


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts