Wentworth Miller Covers "August Man Malaysia" September 2014

Wentworth Miller graces the cover of August Man Malaysia's September 2014 issue, where he shares his struggles with depression and a lot more!


"I think writing can definitely help process an experience of maybe reveal something to you that was hidden before. That's probably why so many people keep journals. But if I was going through a tough time I wouldn't just write about it. I'd reach for help," Miller, 42, opened up about dealing with depression.


As for coming out when he did, the actor revealed: "I came out to help call attention to what was happening to the gay community in Russia but I also came out because I was ready. "In my own time. In my own way." That's one of my personal mottos. We should all have the freedom to move and grow and develop at our own pace. It just so happens that when the invitation came to go to Russia, I was in a place in my life where I was ready to make a public statement. The timing was right."

"You know to be honest, these days I don't dwell too much on the past or the future. The present is much more interesting. I'm grateful for the jobs I've had but I don’t spend a whole lot of time thinking about them. Recently this guy came up to me and he was a big fan of Prison Break and he had all these questions about some plot point in Season Two. And I only had a vague recollection of what he was talking about. For him it was totally fresh because he'd just watched the show on DVD or whatever. But for me it was like: "We shot that stuff eight years ago," I don't even remember my character's middle name or if he had one."

For the full interview of Wentworth Miller, make sure to visit AugustMan.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts