Billie Piper Quotes

1. (on her marriage to Chris Evans, and marriage generally) I believe in being with someone for ever. Even though my marriage to Chris didn't work, I still don't consider it a failed marriage - it just came to its natural end. It didn't make me feel like I never wanted to get married again. I like sharing things with somebody.  


2. (why she isn't interested in cracking the US) That world breeds neurosis and issues…I don't think I could handle all that. That mad side of it all just doesn't appeal…I've got a baby coming. And I know it's going to make me a lot happier than anything else.



3. Steve Coogan does something for me. He is so naughty, but I quite fancy him.


4. (responding to notions that her role in "Call Girl" might inspire women to become prostitutes) I think people have common sense and can tell what's real, what's right or what's wrong and work it out.

5. (on David Tennant) We are really good mates. I like everything about him, which makes it really easy to be in his company. He's a sweet, sweet guy. I call him to ask all my acting questions and he always supports what I do.


6. That's what the "Doctor" is about, essentially - having that energy that you just can't understand.




7. There are lots of great movies coming out of the U.S. but it's not something I've ever really been interested in. They're great films but I much prefer the smaller independent films, which are more thought provoking and experimental.


8. (on filming the second series of "Secret Diary" while pregnant) I'm surprisingly chilled about my body changing, I think it's because I can't do anything about it. I often see myself in the mirror and laugh. It's nice having boobs. I think when you don't have them you find ways to make yourself feel better about the lack of cleavage. I had no food cravings other than wanting food constantly. This year I found the heat very uncomfortable and that, coupled with the fact that I was growing every day, the lack of sleep and the desire to just sit on my bum and stuff my face, was not conducive to work. I was thirsty all the time and always needing the toilet - which is really unhelpful when working to such a tight schedule. When I am playing Belle I have to play a sexually liberated, empowered young prostitute but unfortunately I felt like a sweating sea cow!

9. (on her role in the 21st century revival of Doctor Who) People were dealing with CGI for the first time, so I think we were really unsure as to whether it would be a huge success or a big flop…I thought the scripts were so good. It had a kind of domestic element which I'm not sure it ever had before. I think we were feeling quite confident about that…In terms of whether it had a place in the world when it aired, I think everyone was quite unsure. I didn't know until it aired and people really seemed to like it. 

10. A musical film is my idea of heaven. You can pre-record, you don't have to sing live. Singing live was the bit I hated the most. I never felt like a confident singer.




11. I'm reading more than ever. I used to find it tedious, but now it's like my little friend - it takes my mind off things.


12. I thought it was a side to prostitution that we are not normally exposed to, and I thought there was a story worth telling there. I kind of knew it was going to cause a bit of an uproar, especially because I was playing the part. People are always so used to me doing children's shows or family drama.

13. (on her childhood) I was freakishly ambitious. I didn't want to be a child. I wanted my own flat, to work and be a grown up. 


14. There's not enough money in the world to get me singing "Because We Want To" again. I wouldn't do it. I think Beyonce Knowles got a couple of million for a private show but I would be happy to turn it down.

15. Amadu is all about the family. I've never known love like that before, and it made me think: "I want a bit of that". It kind of forced me to get to know my family again. Another reason why he's so lovely.

16. I love fresh flowers for my home. I spend far too much money on them, buying them almost every day.


17. In the next few years I'd love to play a female version of "Doctor Who". I know exactly how I would play her - she would be crafty in a clever kind of way.

18. (on why she came back to "Doctor Who") These are such beautiful scripts. It will make you cry.


19. The more things you own, the more people you need to employ.


20. Everyone had an amazing night. Thank you so much to all the generous people who were there raising so much money.

21. I am thinking about those things now. More so than all my friends - they're a lot older than me, but they're not even thinking about babies.


22. (on her fame playing Rose Tyler and David Tennant's playing The Doctor of "Doctor Who") I think it must be hard being David. I get a certain level of attention but - I've seen it in action - he can't move for attention.

23. Weight doesn't matter as long as you're happy with yourself.


24. There's some great stuff on telly at the moment.

25. (on what to expect in Season 4 of "Doctor Who" with her character) Rose has changed. She's hardened. She's sad and lonely but she's also bolshy and single-minded.

26. I am thinking about those things now. More so than all my friends - they're a lot older than me, but they're not even thinking about babies.



27. There are lots of places for Rose to go. I have had a ball. I might still be here in 40 years.


28. I just feel really content at the moment…I've done quite a lot of stuff and I don't have to feel desperate to do anything that radical or wild. I've set myself all these challenges and worked through them. I just feel I'm ready to be a mum now.

29. You want it to happen, but at the same time you don't want it to happen. It's one of those weird things like Ross and Rachel, you want them to get it back on but you don't.


30. (on Christopher Eccleston) We get on famously. I have learned an awful lot from him.

31. I have to teach myself. I kind of wish I'd continued with my education, but that's something I can do in the future.

32. I'm happy in the UK. I absolutely love it and I've finally got a great group of friends. I've got a lovely little flat and my work's here.


33. (on rushing into marriage) I don't know. It's just a feeling. It's wanting to be with someone and commit yourself to someone and make someone happy. I want to share something with someone for the rest of my life. I think the world can be really good fun when you hold somebody else's hand and witness it together. And I really believe in marriage!

34. Rose has had adventures and she's a lot more confident as a companion. She's on a par with the Doctor, more so than last year. She's seen some incredible things, terrifying things. This time she's more experienced as a woman, as a companion; she does everything with more conviction. There's stuff that she understands a bit more, so it's a natural progression.


35. I'll do what I always do on transmission dates, which is go to the pub and get lashed.






36. I don't think anyone understands anyone's job…We all have the same hang-ups. I get jealous if I know Laurence is kissing someone else.

37. I was only 17 and everyone else could go out and I couldn't see why I couldn't. That made me rebellious, so anything I did, I did it twice as much.


38. (on motherhood) I have worked some long hours in my life but these are the toughest I've ever had. The smiling is amazing. And having a new best friend for life.


39. No one had much faith in me because I was so young. They imagined a little brat with a flash-in-the-pan single. It was inevitable...Thankfully, I proved people wrong.

40. I don't want my career to dictate how I should appear or behave.


41. I would really love to do a musical, I don't know in what capacity but something funny.

42. At first, Rose isn't that keen on the idea - she wants the Doctor all to herself. But Mickey, this year, really comes into his own. And he saves the day.


43. It may sound ridiculous being just 23 but I've a few good stories I'd like to share. I'm hoping the book will be honest, funny, insightful and, above all, life-affirming.



44. The whole size zero debate is disgusting. Some models you see are tiny because that's the way they were born. But then they'll get the attention and that will start feeding a fire.

45. There's no formula. It just happens or it doesn't. And, fortunately enough for us, it happened.


What do you think of Billie Piper's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts