Pharrell Williams: "It Took Me A Minute To Find My Purpose In Music"

Pharrell Williams spoke out to the Wall Street Journal about finding his genre of music.  






"It took me a minute to find my purpose," Pharrell, 41, was quoted as saying, adding: "I knew something was missing, and then I realized, OK, you're able to make music; now you have to inject purpose. I want to make music with something extra to it - a holistic property. I want to make it feel good. I'm not the only one doing this. Kendrick Lamar's music feels amazing. Adele's music feels amazing. Alicia (Keys)'s new album feels amazing. The distinction between sounding amazing and feeling amazing - that's the thing. People, I think, are looking for a feeling."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts