Alex Turner Quotes

1. Sometimes it's hard to get around the wind.  





2. We should not be afraid of change, we should return to the old ideas.


3. I'm sure fame has f…king gone to me head, to be honest. How could it not, to some extent? There's certain moments of f…king madness, I suppose, that you have. You have nights where you're like: "Oh s…it, I shouldn't have done that".

4. We're getting a lot of new music together. It's all about our adventures at the moment. We don't see Sheffield much anymore? It's a closed book. We're moving on and thinking about different things.


5. You don't need to be in everyone's face all the time to appreciate what you do.

6. We did the triple, but in all honesty, I suppose we're supposed to display some gratitude. We are grateful because, you know, voted for by the people and all that, we're very happy about that but who else was going to be the best British band at the moment, you know?


7. Rock 'n roll or whatever you want to call it sort of goes away with trends but it'll never go away completely. It can't die because it's so fundamentally attractive.




8. I've been told I look like a 17-year-old Spanish girl. From the back, that is. When you get round the front it's obvious I'm just a…bloke.

9. It'll never be the same as it is here. It can never be the same, but we can have a good crack at it.


10. You can't worry what people think.

11. The second album will be different I think. We've already got more than ten songs, because we've been writing for a long time. The last song that went on the first album "You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me" was written last May.

12. (on Lady Gaga) It's not my cup of tea, that.

13. I think all this emphasis on sales is misguided. If you look at the Stone Roses or the Jam, you don't think about how many records they sold but what great music they made. That's what is?


14. (discussing what inspires him) It's all about the girls; I just can't bring myself to write about the mountains yet. I'm still banging on about the same s…it I was in the beginning, I suppose, but perhaps I'm directing it differently now.




15. Last year at this time, we were driving around playing shows near Sheffield. Now, it feels like we'll at least have a go at it.


16. (on why he doesn't have twitter) Too much pressure.

17. Sharp..but not uncomfortably sharp..like plasticine scissors.

18. (discussing his band's name) I was sitting next to this girl on the plane the other day, a Latin orator. She was like: "What are the band called?" It was really hard to tell her. They're two words that really f…king should not be together. 


19. It was 2002, we all got guitars for Christmas and started playing in my garage that summer, rehearsed there and in a warehouse for a bit for about a year.





20. We want to do things our way, and people think it's arrogance, so it's inevitable that some people get tired of us.

21. We were very nervous but it were right exciting. We weren't hooligans but we knew people that were.


22. I would love to write music for "Breaking Bad". I think I've run out of time, unfortunately, because there's only a couple of episodes left. And, well, if they haven't got the music for them already…they need to get their s…it together.


23. It's about so much more than technology or whatever people think it was.

24. I actually stole it from the Velvet Underground, I'll just confess that now and get it out of the way. The "VU" record, obviously. Did we cop out? Yeah!


25. If it doesn't cure cancer or solve inner city poverty, it'll be viewed as a disaster.

26. (on his soap preferences) At the end of the day, you can't beat a Dove bar.

27. I feel like I should just flip out and do something crazy. It's boring when people tell me I'm really well grounded. I feel a little bit sensible? I don't want to be that.

28. Do we want to be the biggest band in the world? I dunno. Do we want the 3D f…cking live show? Maybe. I wouldn't mind being in 3D. F..ck it.


29. Hopefully the tabloid thing has peaked. It doesn't seem to be as big (to us) as what people might think it is. Maybe we are immune to all of it because of everything that's happened. Maybe in 10 years we'll realize what it is.






30. People get too angry about "X Factor" and talent shows. Just let them get on with it, you need that to kick against. People talk about how that's ruined everything but there's always been s…itty pop music, whether it came from a television show or not.


31. We live in Sheffield and we write about the things we see here. What else is there to write about?






32. (flirting with BBC presenter Susanna Reid) I should have been the one that said you look good on the dance floor.

33. I'm restless. I'd like to think I know who I am, but I'm interested in the world at large. Doesn't matter where I'm living. I've got a pen and a notebook I bought in a market in Manchester. That's all I need.



34. If I could play guitar like Josh, I f…king would, but I don't know how he gets where he goes. His mind works backwards, I can't play s…it like that.

35. All the boys got shorter hair, and I thought: "What can I do to one-up them?" I am the singer after all, and you've gotta be a d…k sometimes. I saw an Elvis picture where he had the curl, and I thought: "Maybe I could do that". Once you have the haircut, certain clothes just start to look right, don't they?

36. If 50 Cent's "In Da Club" comes on in the car, you can't skip it.

37. Fireside is obviously a song about desire. If desire is something liquid, it is a rolling boil - like when you're boiling potatoes.


38. I've been pointing my hands for ages though! Maybe it's just the quiff confusing people? Jo Whiley just said I was channeling my inner Elvis, but I dunno man. It's not intentional!


39. Sometimes writing songs is like waiting in for deliveries.

40. I want to f…king throw you all into a swimming pool, but in a good way.


What do you think of Alex Turner's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts