Elizabeth Banks Quotes

1. (on going through the process of converting to her husband's religion, Judaism) I did not have my mikveh, so technically I'm not converted…I've been essentially a Jew for like 15 years…I haven't had a Christmas tree in 15 years…My kids go to Jewish pre-school, we only celebrate Jewish holidays, I love seder…Frankly, because I'm already doing everything, I feel like I'm as Jewish as I'm ever going to be.


2. It was difficult to shoot under insane conditions, about 105 degrees. We had all these young kids there dropping like flies. It was madness.



3. When I was in college I was accused of being a goody two-shoes. But every goody two-shoes has a bad side.


4. Most men I know rely on women to do all the literal dirty work. Anything involving poop, vomit, or blood...always handled by women. Men don't understand basic bodily functions. They don't want to be bothered with it. But we bleed every month and we take care of babies, so we don't have any issues. I also end up killing all the bugs in my house. It's one of my favorite things to do: hunt spiders.

5. I love physical comedy. I love Oscar Wilde, I love Shakespeare comedies, I love improv.

6. When you live in a leading lady's body, which I do, you have to constantly prove that you are funny.


7. I really think that we do a disservice to young people in America by not being more open about sex. Abstinence programs do not work. It's a natural, physical thing having sex.

8. Every once in a while I play a true idiot, and they're really fun to play.


9. You have got to have an agent. It'a business. But I think there is a way to be artful and commercial at the same time.

10. Most men I know rely on women to do all the literal dirty work.

11. I like my coffee light.


12. I'm pleased that Hollywood hasn't figured out how to pigeonhole me yet.





13. I didn't even mind having KY Jelly being smeared on me.

14. I am not afraid of much. I kill all the spiders in my house, and I'm planning to go skydiving. I am into girl power, and I'm very self-sufficient.


15. I play a real life character, Janet, who's Vince Papale's wife. The woman of his dreams, the mother of his children, is this woman Janet, and she's a total spitfire and she really keeps him on his toes.


16. Sex is always funny. I don't find it sexy, I find it really horrifying. But it's an act that we need. And that need, that desire, is what makes it really funny.


17. I love working with a stylist but I also love having personal relationships with designers. A stylist is great for pulling together an entire outfit, accessories included, and for shaking me out of my comfort zone.

18. I play Rock Band, which is Guitar Hero times ten. You can play with four people, so when you have parties, you have a real band. Nobody ever wants to sing, so I'm always the one throwing down on the mic.


19. I actually think that secrets are just a part of human nature and that everybody should have some.






20. I think it's the same as comedy. They're just highly entertaining. They take you on a ride. They tap into your base emotions, fear and laughter.


21. If I'm in a rush, I'll grab a soda can and stick it under my eyes.







22. If I ever complain about yachting around the Mediterranean with Madonna, who I just idolized as a child, I should be slapped across the face.


23. I honestly am really excited and really grateful to put "Emmy-nominated" in my bio. If I can win someday, that would be great, but I don't think it will be this time out. I love this character and I don't know if I'll ever get a better character. Maybe I'll never get a better chance but we'll see.


What do you think of Elizabeth Banks quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts