Axl Rose Quotes

1. Wake up...time to die!


2. Sometimes your friends are your lovers, or have been at one time.

3. This tour, I just hope I don't die.



4. At times I enjoy writing and at others times I just hate it because it's definitely having to go back and experience some pain and express what you really feel.

5. I know a girl named Michelle and she became a really good friend of the bands' and I was going out with her for a while, It's a true story. Slash and some other members of the band said that's kinda too heavy to say about poor sweet Michelle; she'll freak out. I'd written this nice sweet song about her and then I looked at it and thought that really doesn't touch any basis of reality' so I put down an honest thing. It describes her life. This girl leads such a crazy life with doing drugs, or whatever she's doing at the time, you don't know if she's gonna be there tomorrow. I showed her the lyrics after about three weeks of debating and she was so happy that someone didn't just paint a pretty picture. She loves it.

6. We know we're always going to be at odds with people on something. A lot of people are afraid to be that way and we're not.





7. We have a saying in Guns N'Roses: "When somebody's gonna get yelled at, they're gonna get the corn."


8. In a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own. Making: half man, half beast, I don't know what it is but it's weird and it's pissed off and calls itself Slash.





9. I've really learned to control myself. It used to be that 1 would get mad, break everything in the room, smack somebody in the face and then leave. Now I work real hard at trying to keep things cool and together.


10. Aerosmith are a tradition that I grew up with. They were the only band that the people who lived in my city in Indiana would accept wearing make-up and dressed cool.






11. I like Nine Inch Nails, and I like hip-hop.



12. I always believed that the truth about what is going on in Guns N' Roses lives in just as exciting and just as dangerous, heavy and real as people thought the hype scene to be.


13. If you're bored with a song and its one of your songs, you just play it. It's like having a pair of pants. Those pants meant something to you at one time you liked them or whatever - but if you just outgrow them and you're tired of wearing them, it's like they're not you anymore. Some songs I re-write cause the verses aren't me anymore. I could come off stage in tears because I was so moved by the music. I want people to feel that too.

14. People talk about how wrong it was doing drugs. Maybe they were the only tools could find then...

15. I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a Great White or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.


16. I personally love our songs. The bottom line is, if this were all to finish tomorrow, then at least I've got 'em on tape. I'm not writing this for you, I'm not for anybody who listens to it. I'm doing it for me.

17. I'd just like to say that I have a personal disgust for small dogs, like poodles. I have some serious physical problems with them. Everything about them means I must kill them. I must.



18. We like to express our frustrations with life through our music. Instead of getting into a fight we put it into our music. That's why I like to play as much as possible, because it keeps us much calmer and we can deal with people better that way.

19. Regarding social media, I really don't understand what appears to be the general population's lack of concern over privacy issues in publicizing their entire lives on the Internet for others to see to such an extent…but hey it's them, not me, so whatever.

20. You don't see a lot of that anymore - Queen used to do it, and Zeppelin, but nowadays, people tend to stay in one vein.


21. I sing in five or six different voices that are all part of me. It's not contrived. I'm like a second baritone or something. I used to take choir classes and stuff and I'd always - sit there and since I could read music, I'd try to sing other people's parts and see if I could get away with it. We had this teacher who was pitch perfect, or whatever you call it. He had ears' like a bat, man, like radar. So, in order to get away with singing someone else's part, you'd really have to get it down. Or else, he'd know exactly what corner of the room this person is who's not singing right. So, I guess, I really started working on it then by trying to mess with this guy's head. Like how come he's hearing a soprano in the bass section.

22. In general, I usually don't really go by or live my life by a clock, and outside of touring, I don't really ask anyone else to. It's not out of lack of respect for anyone or intentional.






23. We're not the easiest people to work with and we've basically got this "screw you" attitude that gives a lot of people cause to worry. But we do know our limits. We stop if we think that we're doing is going to screw up our music...




24. I don't even know my own phone number.

25. As for money and prestige, if one has an opportunity to make money and/or advance their position or place in life, there can be a lot to weigh and consider, such as responsibilities, goals and objectives, etc. We all make choices, deal with our sense of priorities, principles, ethics, morals, balancing, juggling, making compromises…or not! Ha!



26. Mick Jagger is one of the greatest athletes who ever lived, just for how much he puts into it onstage.


27. It's not like we're the most intelligent bunch, but as far as street sense - hanging out, doing drugs, partying, girls and s...it like that - we know and understand a lot. It's like we purposely put ourselves through street school. I didn't know how to pick up chicks, so I used to stand outside the Rainbow and watch how this goes down.





28. I could beat my mike stand into the stage, but I was still in pain. Maybe fans liked it, but sometimes people forget you're a person and they're more into the entertainment value. It's taken a long time to turn that around and give a strong show without it being a kamikaze show.



29. You'll see (the album), but I don't know if "soon" is the word.


30. I'm pro-heterosexual. I can't get enough of one woman. With sex as often as possible…And it's not easy to attempt…or even have the desire...to be in an almost-one-on-one relationship when the other person is not going to allow me to be with the first.

31. I write the vocals last, because I wanted to invent the music first and push the music to the level that I had to compete against it.


32. In high school I was an athlete.  A real jock.




33. I go to movies, go out with friends, go to car shows. I have a zoo.


34. (speaking about being prescribed lithium to combat a manic-depressive disorder, while he remained dubious about both the diagnosis & treatment) I'm very sensitive and emotional and things upset me and make me feel like not functioning or dealing with people…I went to a clinic, thinking it would help my moods. The only thing I did was to take one 500 question test - ya know, filling in the little black dots. All of a sudden I'm diagnosed manic-depressive. "Let's put Axl on medication." Well, the only thing it does is help keep people off my back because they figure I'm on medication.

35. I like to be real private; you don't always want everyone around you - even when they like you.

36. My favorite cartoon characters are Metallica and Slash.


37. I'm in California, and that usually leans Democratic, and that's usually where I lean anyway…I would lean Democrat; I would lean Obama. 




38. When we started we wanted to be the coolest, sexiest, meanest, nastiest, loudest, funnest band. There was a group of consciousness of rape, pillage, search and destroy!



39. There was a much more self-destructive nature in "Appetite". It was a going-for-it-at-all-cost thing that worked then.

40. I try to be respectful about getting an honor or recognition, but I don't really know what the Rock Hall actually is. In my experience with the people who run it, I don't see it having to do with anything other than them making money.




41. They (the fans) don't like when I let them know they don't own me. Sometimes I don't even own myself.


42. I really liked the Seattle movement.



43. Generally, if I'm late I'm suicidal.




44. We have pieces of everything in our band and we try and find a way to bring it all out rather than limit ourselves into one frame.


45. "Appetite for Destruction" was the only thing written with lyrics and melody fitting the guitar parts at the same time. After that, I got a barrage of guitar songs that I was supposed to put words to, and I don't know if that was the best thing for Guns.


46. Well, as you can see, being a fucking psycho basket-case as me has it's advantages.


47. I'm a big Metallica fanatic. I like the new Queensrÿche record. We listen to everything. Pop, it's hard to say, if you tell someone you like the new Michael Jackson song, everybody thinks you like everything Michael Jackson ever did. So, it's weird to have to say what you like. We usually like to get into a song or even a part of a song of just about anybody. We'll sit down and go "nah, that sucks, but there's that one bass part that's cool."

48. I guess I like who I am now. I'd just like to have a little more internal peace. I'm sure everybody would.




What do you think of Axl Rose quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts