Gillian Jacobs Talks Being A Feminist

Gillian Jacobs posed for the cover of Bust magazine's December/January 2015 issue, out on newsstands now.  















 

Jacobs, 32, opened up about her childhood: "Apparently, my elementary school called my mom and told her that I was talking to myself on the playground and I had no friends. My mom says I was a dramatic child and that I made a big production out of everything, so she thought I would like acting. She signed me up for this class and I just fell in love with it from the start."

Gillian also shared with the outlet about comedy: "No one would hire me for (comedy) 'cause everything I'd done was a serious, heavy drama. I think unless someone has seen you do something, they can't imagine you doing it."

As for being a feminist, Jacobs was quoted as saying: "I definitely still consider myself a feminist. I just think I'm surrounded by more people now who share these same ideas. When you're a little kid and you're wanting to talk about equal pay, you're not gonna find a lot of other little kids who are equally passionate about it. And I think my response to that was to become very strident about it. I think I understood as a kid that I could probably have more friends if I stopped talking about those sorts of things, but like Britta, it made me talk about them more."


For the full interview of Gillian Jacobs, check out Bust.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts