Willow Smith Talks Hit Song "Whip My Hair"

Willow Smith recently spoke out about her first hit single in a candid interview with The New York Times.  





"I mean, "Whip My Hair" was a great thing. When I look back I think: "Wow, I did so much for young black girls and girls around the world. Telling them that they can be themselves and to not be afraid to be themselves." And I'm doing that now but in a whole different way, coming from source energy and universal truths," Smith, 14, claimed, adding: "People will be like: "Oh, I'm not going to make a song about exactly how I feel, all the bad ways that I feel, and put it out in the world so everyone can judge me." But for me, it's a part of me, it's my artistic journey."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!  

Comments

Popular Posts