Christian Bale Slams George Clooney For Whining About Paparazzi

Christian Bale blasted George Clooney during an interview with WSJ Magazine, accusing his fellow "Batman" actor for whining about the paparazzi and tabloids.


Clooney, 53, has always showed his annoyance with photographers who take and sell private pictures to media outlets. Just in case you have missed it, Clooney filed a lawsuit against a paparazzo in 2009 who allegedly scaled a wall at the star's Italian residence and snapped a topless photo of a pal's 13-year-old daughter changing in one of his guest rooms.


In Bale's new cover story for WSJ's December/January holiday issue, the actor described Clooney's complaints as "boring." He was quoted as saying: "It doesn't matter that he talks about it. It's like: "Come on, guys, just shut up. Just get on with it and live your lives and stop whining about it." I prefer not to whine about it."





Bale, 40, also talked about how he and wife Sibi Blazic deal with paparazzi, significantly citing an incident in Italy, where coincidentally Clooney has a house. The "Exdous: Gods and Kings" star recalled: "I would go to work; she would leave the hotel. There would be a man who stood outside…and say the most obscene things imaginable to my wife…I know what he's after; he has a strategy there. Am I able to say I'm not gonna give him that satisfaction of angry Christian Bale coming after this man? But equally, he's killing my humanity and my dignity as a husband if I do not, and he knows this. So you've got a choice."

"Because that's the most vulnerable thing, isn't it? I don't really give a sh*t what he says about me," Bale continued, expressing interest about his wife. "So what happens? One day I walk out and I see him. I go after him, and he gets all these shots of me coming after him. Bingo, he's hit gold. He gets exactly what he wants, smiles and walks off. I feel like an ass 'cause I've given him what he wanted." Bale noted: "But in my mind, I had no other choice. How could I sit back and accept somebody talking that way to my wife? I couldn't. I just couldn't do it."

Bale added to the mag: "I feel I should have as much privacy as anyone else."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts