Dolores O'Riordan Quotes

1. (on how her husband made her deal with her sexual abuse) Don showed me love I never knew. I love him and the kids with all of me. They are my salvation. They saved me. 





2. We are a unit, we are a band; we are the Cranberries.



3. (on how her sexual abuse started) We moved into a busy housing estate when I was seven. There were tonnes of people around all the time. My mother worked all the time. My mother worked a lot to pay the bills and my father was oblivious to it (he was left permanently brain damaged after a bike accident in 1968).







4. It's fun and games for a while, but then you're burned out and it's "Can we turn it off?" But you can't and when you want to go back to normalcy, that's impossible. In 1997 we took time off and that's when Oasis broke and Princess Diana died and I was home with my baby, hating the music industry. People asked me what I thought about the Spice Girls and I was so happy to tell them I couldn't be bothered to care.



5. You don't always have to have long blonde hair and big huge knockers to be nice!


6. (on how her sexual abuse affected her) I had anorexia, then depression, a breakdown. I knew why I hated myself. I knew why I loathed myself. I knew why I wanted to make myself disappear. It took years and years of counseling.



7. And we had a good day. And felt pretty rock 'n' roll, because we were doing the helicopter, and there was mud everywhere.



8. (on opening up about her sexual abuse) I see this as cleansing. It is a way of emptying that closet - no more skeletons. Just peace and healing. No baggage. There is a great sense of a great burden off my shoulders. I feel it is going to help me by opening up and just confessing to all of those people who bought my albums, and that love me and come to my gigs and all those fans. If I tell them that this happened to me and they still love me, that is going to make me feel good about myself.


9. You get older and come to the conclusion that it's a great gig making music. Even if you turn into an old gnarly fart, no one cares what you look like if you write good songs. The only gig is to sing well and perform.




10. For four years when I was a little girl, I was sexually abused.

11. (on Adele) She's a voice and she's classic. Like the fact that she doesn't peel them off, 'cause all the other broads are like "here's me bum" and whatever. I find it kind of aggravating 'cause I always think "Just 'cause we're women, why do have to have our boobs and butt hanging out?"




12. (on her sexual abuser) It was inappropriate touching, etc. My father had just died. I didn’t see him (the abuser) for years and years, and then I saw him at my father's funeral. I had blocked him out of my life. I was going to talk to the priest at my father's funeral about it. But I didn't. I asked him to pray for me as I was about to go on another world tour and I worried that I might not make it through it.


What do you think of Dolores O'Riordan quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts