Joe Cocker Quotes

1. For me, the focus are songs, which really get the audience moving.  





2. I think the only thing I would've ever been any good at was probably being a pub landlord. I've thought of that a couple of times.




3. Some of the songs I do once in a while that I kinda... my set list is basically like my hits, there is a good reason why they are there; people really like them.




4. I only look at things in a short term of a few years, but admittedly, I reevaluate what I'm doing, and whether I want to continue touring or not.


5. I love songs that have a rocking and grooving feeling.

6. I have sung to large crowds since then, and there is a feeling that once you get over 100,000 people, you kind of lose the control element, you don't know if you are really getting through or not.

7. Once you get into entertaining a quarter of a million people, it's a very weird place to be.


8. I had a job when I was 16 at a gas fitter, which was a bit like a pipe fitter.




9. I have always been a sucker for ballads, but you have to be careful these days, you can't overload people.



10. The world is a tougher place to live in than it was back then, as we come into the computer age.


11. I've been touring now since about '68.



12. It's interesting, as I said on the last tour in America, the audience actually came out, they had to have been the kind of fans who listened to my music via their parents, you know what I mean?



13. It's all a matter of hearing what I like and seeing if I can make it fit into my style.



14. Well, we have this place in Telluride, Colorado. It's somewhere I can just get away and relax and think.


15. I was in Germany when the wall came down.


16. Europe is usually where I am usually galloping around.

17. Yeah, one of the main ways is for songs that make me want to move.

18. Unfortunately I was in New York when 9/11 happened.

19. When I used to put an album out, I knew everyone on the charts. There weren't that many bands, now I couldn't even name half the new groups.


20. God, I'm just a fat bald guy, 60 years old, singing the blues, you know?

21. It's nice to get a response from the artists that I cover.

22. We have a cafe up here where we live, we had it open for 3 years, and my wife was running it. But I sank so much money into it... we gave it a shot.


23. Don't go on American Idol, I think you'll spend the rest of your life living it down and I think it's getting kinda scary, isn't it?

24. Over the years, I've worked with just about everybody.

25. Well, over the years, I've developed a stable of songs of which I'm known for and never get tired of singing.

26. I would like to be able to do a song with Ray Charles, before we both get too old.


27. Back then, I, most rockers loved Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis...you know in the '60s.






28. I thought it would be good to keep Europe alone for a bit, so it's coming up to almost three years since I have played over there.




What do you think of Joe Cocker's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts