Leona Lewis Quotes

1. My dad is such a good man. You know how when you are a child you think your dad is invincible? Well, I still think that - he is so wise and everything I do I ask my dad's advice about first.


2. If I woke up tomorrow morning and it was just a dream, it would be the best dream I've ever had, and I would be - I would not be happy to be waking up!



3. In my life, I've dealt with tragedy.


4. (People) would ask me: "what do you want to be when you're older?" and I'd be like: "a singer", and they'd be like: "what do you really want to be?" and I'd be like: "oh, I really want to be a singer."




5. When I was really little I would sit in the back of my dad's car when he'd be playing old-school music. He'd turn down the music and turn around and I'd be singing and know all of the words but I didn't even know how to talk. From then on I've always wanted to be a singer.


6. I was at a really low point, thinking of going to university and doing a course because the music thing just wasn't happening for me. But I went on the show and...

7. All my friends I've known since I was really little.


8. I do love a bit of fashion. I grew up around a lot of it as my mum and dad had clothing stores so my mum was always designing a lot, and I definitely had that as an influence.



9. It takes me a while to come out of myself and get to know people.


10. I'd date someone younger or older; age doesn't matter to me. Or looks, really - it's all about maturity.

11. Kids need somewhere to go, so they're not bored on the street.

12. I've always been conscious of my weight.


13. No one is "the next" anyone, especially if that person is still here, doing their thing, as she (Mariah) clearly is. The comparisons people have made to me are so flattering, but I think it's insensitive to the people I'm compared to. 

14. A part of me feels like I was an animal in my past life that wasn't treated very nicely.

15. I'd love to be on "Glee." I'd love to play a rebel. Be a real biker chick in leather and covered in tattoos.

16. Diamonds are supposed to be a girl's best friend but it's impossible to know for sure where they have come from so I find it is safer just to avoid them altogether. 


17. Animal testing is needless, especially in cosmetics.


18. I went to Clive Davis' Grammy party and I nearly spontaneously combusted because everyone on my iPod was there!

19. I would like to be a positive force for young girls.


20. My mum is my best friend.



21. David Bowie is such a big influence to me. Everything about him as a person is intriguing to me.


22. I trust every single person around me, and if I feel even a whiff of uncertainty I won't have that person around me.


23. Every performer wants to sing live. That's what I live for.

24. My parents have always done what they've loved, and they've had many different careers.


25. Unless the radio is on, I am usually listening to stuff that is very different to what I do.


26. I'm totally against animal cruelty. I don't have clothes, shoes or bags made from any animal products.

27. For me, love is happiness and inspiration.


28. The most important thing to me is to give something back to my parents, because they've done so much for me throughout my life.

29. I'm very sensitive and I'm quite a soft person, and I cry a lot when things upset me.

30. I call myself a vegetarian with vegan tendencies.


31. Love is a very powerful emotion and when a break-up is unexpected, it's very hard to get over.

32. I am definitely an individual.

33. My private life is the most precious thing to me.

34. People will always show their true selves in the end.


35. I am, and always will be, proud to be a Hackney girl.



36. I really love getting hot stone massages. They really help me relax and it's so soothing for your muscles.

37. Overall, I'm quite good with how I spend my cashola.



38. If I can inspire people by showing that following a dream by working hard and being determined is possible, it's amazing.


39. Music TV in the U.K. is disappearing. "Top Of The Pops," "CD:UK" and shows like that have gone, and it's bringing down the music industry. We should do as much as we can to keep our music TV and producers need to be more willing to accommodate live music.

40. I am a whole lot of trouble.




41. People don't really know me at all.


42. I believe I could have had a career in the music industry without "X Factor," but it was an amazing platform that propelled me to where I am now.




43. I don't mind letting people in a little bit, but I have learned from the past not to talk too much about my relationships and to keep things as private as possible.


44. It takes bravery to end a relationship.





45. I think it's really hard being in a boy band. There's a lot of dynamics.

46. I feel like I've lived quite a sheltered life, like my mom and dad were quite protective of me.


47. I don't really read the tabloids, and you never know if what's being printed is true or not.

48. At the end of the day, you should take every opportunity that comes your way.


49. I was the only one at stage school who wasn't white.


50. Oh my gosh! I can't tell you the number of times people have put autotune on my voice, and I'm like: "Please take it off!" You don't even sound human; it makes you sound like a robot!

51. I'm quite curvy and I just try and exercise whenever I can. I don't do anything hardcore as I'm just not that dedicated.


52. I'm not a loud, extravagant person; I'm never going to be that and, to be honest, I don't want to be like that.

53. I love a beautiful gown on stage, and luckily I've been fortunate to wear some amazing dresses.

54. I'm not annoying in relationships! I'm great!


55. I could hang with horses all day.

56. I'm really not that confident!

57. I don't get involved in record label politics.

58. I'm living my dream.


59. I think it's always important to be vigilant of what you're doing and aware of your surroundings.


60. I'm glad I was never in a band.

61. I definitely keep myself secret.


62. I'll never go against my morals.


63. A lot of people can have a lot of different influences, everyone can be compared in some way to someone whether they are from 60 years ago or more recent.

64. I'd love to do a film like "Chicago." Something musical because I've obviously come from that background.

65. I would love to sing opera.


66. I try not to diet because it never really works for me, if I tell myself I can't eat something then I tend to want to eat everything in sight.


67. I love music but, of course, I'd choose love over that.



68. I want all of my songs to do well whether I've written them or not.

69. I've still kind of maintained a low profile but people still kind of recognize you and will come up to you, and that's taken a bit of getting used to.


70. I can't remember who told me but I was advised early on not to Google myself or read things about myself...I don't read a lot but get the gist of what's been said from friends and family. It's good to avoid it if you want to be normal person.

71. I never dress to shock.


72. I have my best ideas when I am alone.

73. I love horseback riding. I still do it.

74. I love Thandie Newton. I love her fashion sense as she is just really classic.

75. I love nature and enjoy learning new skills.


76. I'm a positive person, and I try to look at the good side of everything.

77. I like someone who can take the reins, who knows what they want and is strong with me.

78. Usually when I see someone famous, for some reason, I think I know them.


79. I'm very strong creatively, in my music.





80. I hate having my hair cut so I try not to.


81. I get such lovely gifts from fans…amazing pictures, handmade jewellery. I'm very lucky!

82. Working with other artists and sharing your passions is great.

83. I know how to look after myself.


84. Obviously, a long-distance relationship is hard. But, like anything worth having, you make it work.

85. I don't hate L.A. There's a very beautiful side to it; it's scenic, and I can go horse riding.



86. There are so many songs I've recorded, only to hear other people singing them. It happens all the time.


87. I think when people see that you are shy, or even just calm, collected and reserved, they think you can be pushed around, made to do everything they want - but that's definitely not true of me. The people closest to me know that's not the case. They know I'm not a pushover.

88. I don't think I have the right to give someone advice when I don't know them.

89. I usually dream of melodies. When I wake up I have them in my head. I usually come up with things in the middle of the night because that's when my mind is the quietest. I always have my tape recorder, pen and pad by my bed just in case.

90. The part of London where I grew up has the highest crime rates in the country.


91. I get road rage. I can't drive because I cuss people out.

92. I suffer from arachnophobia. I don't mind the tiny spiders so much, it's the ones with their legs covered in thick hair.


93. I don't like going out where it's really, really crowded.

94. Fear and pain and suffering is not OK for any being to feel intentionally at the hands of us.

95. People write music, and the music is out there for people to interpret it how they want to.


96. I don't have many famous friends, really, except Simon Cowell.

97. Sometimes I think I want to get "hair and make up" every day, but that's just not possible.


What do you think of Leona Lewis quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts