Sia Quotes

1. I don't need to be rich anymore. I don't need to be a millionaire.  



2. I hope I am a psychotherapist's dream. I've spent enough hours in therapy.



3. I don't really even go out that much now except to walk my dogs, because I don't want to be recognized.



4. I think it would be very difficult to maintain one kind of art or whatever for your whole life. I think it's unrealistic.


5. I'm sort of a gay man trapped in a woman's body when it comes to music sometimes - it's crowded in here!



6. I love visual gags and gimmicks; I love them.


7. People aren't honest about the horrors of fame. The downsides are so overwhelming that, for me, there is no payoff.

8. I'm sensitive and get easily upset and insulted.


9. I'll be the songwriter for pop stars and then they can be the front person and I don't have to be famous.

10. I'm just completely obsessed with Die Antwoord.


11. I don't know anything about the history of music.

12. I liked myself much more before I got famous. I was much friendlier and had more energy.


13. People call me for the ballads. Apparently that's where I've been pigeonholed. But it's really interesting and really fun. It's my favorite part of the job, writing.


14. There are probably five songs in the world that I get excited about when I hear them on the radio.


15. When I was 10, my parents really valued success in the arts, and I thought if I was a famous "something artistic," that they would love me more.



16. I have social anxiety. It's easier up on stage because there's security in being there. When I'm off stage I'm trying not to be a manic freak. I'm quite shy.


17. I don't go to shows because I just want to listen to the music performed live. I want to get to know the person who's performing it. Or I want to, like, take away a sense that I had an experience that nobody else is going to have again, or a unique experience for that moment.

18. Knowing now what goes into making a successful artist, it's disheartening.

19. I was weirdly obsessed with music until I was 11, and then I turned into a nerd.

20. I'm really visually stimulated more than anything. I don't really listen to music. I'm more into watching telly or watching movies and visual art.


21. I love watching reality TV, but being part of making it was just demoralizing.

22. Fame made me develop a panic disorder.

23. Like when I'm singing live I can't hear myself. I'm just listening to the rest of the band. To listen to my voice, it doesn't even feel like it's me.


24. I'm an advocate of "it's not what you are, it's who you are."

25. When you're entertaining all day long and that's your work, you end up really very tired. You don't have a lot of energy left over for your loved ones.


26. I don't read reviews or interviews or anything, just because I'm afraid; If I believed the good, then I'd believe the bad, and there will be bad.





27. I'm a fan of the Strokes, so my big fantasy was that one day I would get to sing with them.


28. A lot of people come up to me expecting to meet the person they have seen perform. It's not going to happen, unless my mania, my stage person, responds to them and not the real me.


What do you think of Sia's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts