Lea Seydoux Quotes

1. What I liked about this part was that you don't know anything about her, and so I could invent everything. There is one moment that makes you understand everything about her, a character asks me "We don't know anything about you…do you even have parents?" This for me was the key to build everything. That's why she's so fascinated by the Queen. It's through the Queen that she has an existence at all.  



2. (joking about her famous apricot colored dress designed by Jean Paul Gaultier in the 2010 Cannes Film Festival) Yes, and tonight I'm a cupcake. 



3. Five people I'd invite to my dream birthday party are Friedrich Nietzsche, Michael Jackson, Charles Chaplin, Maria Callas and Serge Gainsbourg.


4. I'm not obsessed to work in America, but I want to be able to do very different things… When I did "Mission Impossible," when I worked with Tarantino, and - no, Ridley Scott is not American - but I really like to play in English, and America, Hollywood, is the land of cinema.

5. When I watch my films or read my interviews I come to know I have a very strange thing, I'm not easy to get.


6. I'm not as beautiful as a model.



7. I don't like comfort zones. Having never had any drama training, I don't really have a technique, so I'm continually learning new things. I like being frightened, and always having to start from scratch.





8. People are enthusiastic in America. They put heart into things. As soon as you get back to France people are bitching about everything.


9. In America it's good to show people you are fine, you're healthy, you're sporty, you're happy to do things, to live. And in France it's more like you don't have to show you have success.




10. (on her friendship with co-star Adèle Exarchopoulos) It's true that it's a friendship, but there's love between us. You can say there's love.



11. I think that nudity is beautiful. Sometimes it can be awful, but when it's beautiful? Cinema is the art about reality; it's art from reality. In French we say l'art de la realite. You show reality, so you have to show bodies.

12. When I was a kid I used to go very often to America. I went to summer camp and I grew up with American young girls, so I know the American culture and it's part of the way of my culture…It was really difficult in the beginning, the young girls were not open, laughing at me a little. (But) my father wanted me to learn English. Now he is like: "You are in "Mission Impossible"! You can thank me!"




13. Even in between takes, you emerge yourself. So you don't have a life for six months.


14. I basically got into all this to avoid having office hours, I liked the idea that you'd work really hard for certain periods of time, then not do anything for ages. But it didn't work out like that. All I ever seem to be doing is working.


15. I like to play deep characters and it's nice to have deep emotions, but it's also nice to just have a distance and to have a sense of humor with what you do as well.


16. For a long time I was obsessed with fairy tales, so this is a dream…yes, I wanted to be a princess.






17. I had to become chic, yes. But it's more like a color in the film. It's a very small part. It's like the film is a puzzle and I will be one of the pieces. I prefer to be a small part in a great film.



18. It's a necessity for actors to feed on experience and to live in fear of losing the plot.


19. I am about life. I surround myself with beautiful things. I work hard to have a better life. This job helps me achieve that through the people I meet. I'm lucky - not to have been a cover girl - but to have been able to meet all these people, to live these adventures and travel so comfortably. But despite that, it's still difficult. Nothing comes easily. Everything I've earned is down to me, and no one else.

20. I have ambitions for my love life, and I'm an optimist. I'd love to experience a beautiful love story!


21. I make films for directors. Before anything else, I choose films because of the talent of the directors. The story and the other actors are of course very important, but for me, it's all about the director.





22. In America, you don't have to be weak, you have to be strong.


23. I don't pay much attention to magazine covers. One day, there'll be slack times in my career. It's unavoidable, because success is temporary. Which is why you have to stay focused on this very taxing job.



24. Actually, I started to become an actress because I met someone who was just a friend and I found his life wonderful, I thought: "Oh my god, you can travel, you're free, you can do what you want, you're the boss". And then I met an actor and I was in love with him.



25. I get a buzz from speaking another language, and filming abroad in conditions like these gives makes me feel part of the adventure. It's very exotic.

26. I felt lost in the crowd…I was very lonely as a kid. Really I always had the feeling I was an orphan.

27. People liked me, but I always felt like a misfit.



28. (on auditioning to play Lisbeth Salander in "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo") I got upset, but I don't think I'd be able to do anything to get that part. It was totally against my nature. I worked hard, but Lisbeth was almost anorexic. I wasn't like that. 


29. (filming of "Blue Is the Warmest Colour" made her question her sexuality) Of course I did (question it). Me as a person, as a human being…It's not nothing, making those scenes. Of course I question myself. But, I did not have any revelations.







30. (on her boyfriend) He is not an actor, he's not famous at all.





What do you think of Lea Seydoux quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts