Lena Dunham: "Republican Males Hate Me"

Lena Dunham broke her silence and talked about her haters, claiming she is being regularly attacked on social media. 
 







"It would probably be too easy a cop out to say that just Republican males hate me. Though there's a large swath of them, for sure," Dunham, 28, revealed (via The Daily Beast).


The "Girls" creator and actress went on: "I'm sure it's connected to (women's rights), I'm sure it's connected to the content of the show and the way that I deal with my body on the show. Listen, I totally leave room for people to be irritated by me. They were irritated by me from 2nd through 12th grade. I know the feeling dearly. I said to my boyfriend once at a very low moment: "This isn't that different from 2nd grade. People have always been trying to pick on me! Always!""


"But I try not to be that self-pitying. I've tried to analyze it, but then I kind of realized that it's not my job to understand, and it almost wouldn't be healthy for me to understand," Dunham explained, adding: "The best thing I can do is be of service to other women and people who are experiencing similar things, and if I can be a guide to other outspoken, creative women, that's the best thing I can do rather than try and understand the segment of the Internet that responds to me negatively."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts