Allison Williams Defends Father Brian Williams

Allison Williams showed her support to her dad, news anchor Brian Williams, after his major scandal including his false reports about the Iraq war.  












"This has been a really hard time. We have also been very lucky, counting our blessings. We have our health, we have each other. It's been incredible to experience the outreach from people you love, family, friends, and then people we don't even know, strangers, just reaching out saying we want him back on TV," Williams, 26, explained to the New York 92Y on Wednesday evening during a Q&A with Seth Meyers (via the New York Post).


"It's been tough, though. Obviously, toughest on my dad, who bears the full burden of responsibility for it, but one thing the experience has not done is shake my trust and belief in him as a man. He's a really good man. He's an honest man. He's a truthful man. He has so much integrity," the "Girls" star revealed, noting: "He cares so much about journalism. And yes, he's a really good dad. I know you can trust him because, as any good daughter does, I've tested him on that."



Allison then told a story back in 9th grade when there was a father-daughter dance and she wasn't certain her father would be able to make it.


"As that date was coming, it didn't seem like he was going to make it like he had promised. And then a couple days before the dance I was so upset and I got a surprise call from Iraq from my dad and he asked me if I had a date to the dance," Allison recalled, adding: "So, that's the kind of man he is and I can't wait for him to be back on TV and I know many of you guys feel that way."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts