Angela Bassett Talks Bobbi Kristina Brown And "Whitney" Biopic

Angela Bassett opened up about the Whitney Houston biopic and her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown, who is still fighting for her life after being found unconscious in a filled bathtub at her home in Roswell, Georgia.  



In an interview with ABC News, Bassett, 56, reveals that Houston, who tragically died in 2012, meant a lot to her and that the current situation with her daughter is "tragic."



"I do try to keep my ear open to what some of the developments are," Bassett told the outlet, noting: "I pray for it to work out the way God will have it to."

The actress also claimed she can only hope Brown's family can "find a measure of peace with what is really a heart-wrenching situation."

Angela was pleased with the way her movie about the legendary performer turned out when it was released last month.


"For me as an artist, as a woman, I had to step out of my comfort zone. It was a story I was intent on telling correctly because of what Whitney meant to the world, what she meant to me and because we are all Whitney. We all make our choices and we all have our dreams and our aspirations," Bassett was quoted as saying, adding: "I was very happy with how it turned out."


Bassett starred alongside Whitney Houston in 1995's film "Waiting to Exhale," but she also made her directorial debut this year with her film "Whitney," based off her career and troubled affair with singer Bobby Brown


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts