Gina Rodriguez Talks About The Importance Of Education

Gina Rodriguez graced the cover Latina magazine's March 2015 issue.

In an interview with the mag, Rodriguez, 30, opened up about how her father inspired her: "My father would make me look in the mirror and say: "Today is going to be a great day. I can and I will." I started my own production company, I Can and I Will Productions, three years ago. I want to give that inspiration to everyone!"



Gina talked about when she wants to have a baby: "I'm wearing this pregnancy suit every day and I'm loving it. Ideally, I want to get married first. Maybe I should be dating my boyfriend (actor Henri Esteve of ABC's Revenge) for more than a year? He's younger than me, so we can wait. I have to give birth to my career first."



The "Jane The Virgin" star talked about the importance of education: "Education was definitely number one, and that's why acting scared my parents. They were like: "What are you going to do with that? How are you going to make money?" We didn't grow up with money so they always instilled that education was going to get you to where you needed to be, and it definitely did. The reason I went to N.Y.U. was because it was the only way to get them on board. And it was the best thing that happened to me, because I got the tools and techniques that I'll never change for anything."


For the full interview of Gina Rodriguez, check out Latina magazine.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts