Lupita Nyong'o On Fame: "It's Awkward Being In Line For The Restroom"

Lupita Nyong'o happily posed for the cover of Lucky magazine's March 2015 issue, appearing really stunning!  










  


In an interview with the mag, Nyong'o, 31, talked about pursuing acting: "I didn't feel like I had a full grasp of my instrument (before applying to the Yale School of Drama). I needed to know more. Pursuing acting in that way made me feel equipped and helped me manage my inner critic, which is something I thought I really needed - the ability to quiet that voice that says "You can't do this.""


Lupita shared about the pitfalls of fame: "The not-so-fun part of all this is that when I don't feel like being famous, I still am. When you're in the middle of Manhattan and you have to pop into Starbucks to use the restroom and everyone recognizes you when you're waiting in line, its awkward."

The Oscar winner also opened up about speaking in public: "It makes me very nervous. My heart is on my sleeve when I do those things, but the only way I know to do them is to speak from my heart. So it costs me a lot…and then I need to take a nap."







For the full interview of Lupita Nyong'o, check out LuckyMag.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts