Madonna Reveals She Can't Take Drugs Anymore: "I'm Destroyed For Days"

Madonna has recently admitted that she no longer experiments with drugs because she can't take the consequences.  




In an interview with MOJO magazine, Madonna, 56, revealed that she just doesn't have the "stamina" and was too frightened of taking substances during her younger years.



The Queen of Pop claimed that she couldn't get out of bed for three days afterwards.


Madonna explained: "My problem is I don't have the stamina to take drugs. I feel terrible afterwards. I'm destroyed for days and days, noting: "I can't do anything and I don't want that inconvenience in my life. So I don't feel it's worth the price you have to pay. That's me."





Considering herself a "p****", the pop icon declared that she was not even a fan of alcohol due to her career.


Madonna was quoted as saying: "Even when I was younger and in my 20s, trying this and that. I mean, I never really did that many drugs. I'm too big of a p****". 



"Also, I'm a dancer and I don't want to destroy my body. I want to feel physically good," Madonna went on.



She pointed out: "So it never came naturally to me to get out of my brains or get so high that I couldn't get out of bed for three days. And that's what happened to me if I did anything."


Despite reflecting on the after-effects of doing drugs, Madonna also confessed that she experienced occasions when her life appeared "better" when she was under the influence.


Madonna concluded: "I wouldn't say I had musical epiphanies I would say probably I just had life epiphanies where everything seems better than it is."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts