Marc Jacobs Hair Transplant

Fashion designer Marc Jacobs, also famous for being the creative director of the French design house Louis Vuitton from 1997 to 2013, has admitted to getting a hair transplant to improve his appearance.  


Jacobs, now 51, has revealed he underwent the procedure in May 2010, just weeks after breaking up with longtime partner Lorenzo Martone.


In an interview with The Telegraph UK, the designer talked about the opening of the Louis Vuitton store in London and later journalist Hilary Alexander observed something kind of unusual about Jacobs' image. "He's in his usual uniform of white shirt and black pleated kilt, and the gym-honed physique is evident, as is the tan, the stubble, the diamond ear-studs and the tattoos peeking out above his boots. But it's his hair: it's not inky-black any more, or cobalt-blue" Alexander claims. "It's brown," Jacobs notes, adding: "I've just had a hair transplant. I was starting to thin on top, see," as he obligingly bends his head down. "I can't dye it for a while, so this is my natural color."


Jacobs also opened up about his hair transplant to Details magazine. He stated the transplant was excruciating, recalling: "I couldn't sleep on my side, and I couldn't put my head back." He even said it hurt more than his tattoos but it was absolutely worth it.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts