"To Kill A Mockingbird" Author Harper Lee To Release Second Book

Harper Lee, author of the 1960's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel "To Kill a Mockingbird", is going to publish a sequel to the popular book.  





Lee, 88, has not published anything in fifty years and once news surfaced about her upcoming book titled "Go Set a Watchman", the Web went wild.



According to the AP, the book is "essentially a sequel to "To Kill a Mockingbird," although it was finished earlier".



"In the mid-1950s, I completed a novel called "Go Set a Watchman,"" Harper said in a statement, noting: "It features the character known as Scout as an adult woman, and I thought it a pretty decent effort. My editor, who was taken by the flashbacks to Scout's childhood, persuaded me to write a novel (what became "To Kill a Mockingbird") from the point of view of the young Scout."



"I was a first-time writer, so I did as I was told. I hadn't realized it (the original book) had survived, so was surprised and delighted when my dear friend and lawyer Tonja Carter discovered it. After much thought and hesitation, I shared it with a handful of people I trust and was pleased to hear that they considered it worthy of publication. I am humbled and amazed that this will now be published after all these years," the novelist added.

The book is set to be released in July.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts