Ulf Ekberg Quotes

1. I want to point out that I never been a member of Swedish Democrats. That is a factual error, whereas mine was an error more serious than that.  






2. I'm truly deeply sorry for any hurt and disappointment this has caused for our fans, and I really hope that we clearly have stated that Ace of Base never shared any of these opinions and strongly oppose all extremist opinions on both the right and left wing. My past is my own, and only I can own up to it.



3. One of my closest friends was killed. I had to wake up and follow the help of family and friends, in order to change my ways. Now, I'm against violence and drug abuse.

4. I have always been deeply regretful of that period in my life, as I strive to bring happiness to people, and during that period I did not live up to that standard. I have not been involved in violence or political activism in the past 25 years. However, I find some of my thoughts from those days nauseating to myself today.



5. I told everyone I really regret what I've done. I closed that book. I don't want to even talk about it, that time does not exist in me any more. I closed it and I threw the book away 1987. I took the experience from it, I learned from it. But that life is not me. It's somebody else.

6. I have seen this demo of six songs that began floating around in 1996 claiming that Commit Suicide had written those songs. I did have a synth band called Commit Suicide between 1984-1986 with two gentlemen called Jens Andersson and Jens Svensson, and two of the songs on this demo where written and performed by us. The problem is that the other four songs (are) skinhead music with very racist lyrics. These songs have absolutely nothing to do with Commit Suicide. We did not write or perform those songs that were attributed to us.

7. Commit Suicide was a New Wave music band creating and performing electronic music on synthesizers without any political touch or agenda. The racist songs on this demo were not by us, but our potential association with such groups is a matter I truly regret.


What do you think of Ulf Ekberg's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts