Avril Lavigne On Lyme Disease: "I Thought I Was Dying" (INTERVIEW)

Avril Lavigne spoke out about her diagnosis and struggle with Lyme Disease in the latest issue of People magazine, on newsstands April 3.  







In an interview with the magazine, Lavigne, 30, talked about the time she realized the disease while in Vegas with friends.


"I could barely eat, and when we went to the pool, I had to leave and go lie in bed. My friends asked: "What's wrong?" I didn't know. I had no idea a bug bite could do this. I was bedridden for five months. I felt like I couldn't breathe, I couldn't talk and I couldn't move. I thought I was dying," Avril explained.

The singer shared about her fans: "They were asking about me since I was MIA,
so I mentioned to one fan directly that I wasn't feeling good. The get-well messages and videos they sent touched me so deeply. I lay in bed watching them and cried so much because I felt loved."




Lavigne also discussed her future and feeling "80 percent" better.

"This was a wake-up call. I really just want to enjoy life from here on out," the artist noted.


For the full interview of Avril Lavigne, check out People.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts