Carly Rae Jepsen Talks Working With Sia On New Album "Emotion"

Carly Rae Jepsen posed for the cover of Notion magazine's May 2015 music issue, out on newsstands on Friday.  








In an interview with the mag, Jepsen, 29, talked about her new album "Emotion", which was recorded in Sweden.


"I played some tracks to the label and they said: "You know this is starting to sound real eighties!" and next thing I know they're sending me off to Sweden to work with some guys over there. There's a huge amount of respect within the songwriting community for what the Swedes do. They're so great. I think there's something in the water," Carly claimed.

The singer-songwriter opened up about performing in "Cinderella" on Broadway: "I'm a cheesy, nerdy Broadway girl at heart so the timing could not have been more perfect. I was away from the L.A thing of getting you in the studio every day with some stranger and banging out loads of songs, and instead I was just trying things out during the day, then performing at night."

Jepsen also shared about collaborating with Sia on her upcoming album: "Sia is so humble and rad. I was so nervous that day. To have actually done a song with her is so exciting for me. She's just amazing."


For the full interview of Carly Rae Jepsen, check out Notion.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts